on 29 June 2017
Added these to the emergency pack in the car boot. You never know when they might be needed. Used one not so long ago on a person who collapsed unconscious near my car one evening.
on 1 July 2013
Although I haven't used this in an emergency situation I have used it after a marathon when it was 7C and raining and it really made a difference as it naturally keeps off the rain and wind, and is useful to have until you can change into dry and warm clothing.

They are not very common here in Europe after races, but very popular in the US and it is easy to see why. I recommend this for any runner or for any mountain biker to keep for an emergency.
on 10 December 2014
I really dont know how well it will perform in an emergency,( but I'm told they perform well) and I hope I never do, I can only go by what I'm told, but for the money it costs, its got to be the first thing in anybodies back pack.
on 20 April 2015
Cheap, extremely useful for camping and of good quality.
Came earlier than expected too!
Can't wait to use these at Creamfields 2015 :')
on 6 June 2017
A must have
on 22 February 2013
These blankets are quite small 2m x 1m. You cannot wrap yourself completely in them, just use them as a shawl around your head and upper torso. They are virtually impossible to deploy in any wind and ideally you need to be located within an "enclosure" such as a tent, car, cave or tucked behind a dry stone wall if you need to use one. They do reflect body heat and therefore warm you up to some degree but in an exposed windy location it would be lost. I keep a few inches of duct tape with mine so that it can be used as a closure so that you do not have to hold it closed around you and can be formed into a type of jacket. For best effect they should not be against bare skin to prevent excessive heat conduction but over a layer of clothing then an outer garment if possible. An excellent use is to lay them (stick with duct tape)on top and/or bottom of a sleeping bag and the difference in temperature within the bag is dramatic. If you have cold feet at home they can be laid across the bed and again the benefit is dramatic. In this application they have a tendency to be clingy so adhere to the bedding adequately. They could be useful for an elderly relatives bed in winter. Dont be tempted to cover them or they will gather condensation. They are noisy in all applications. You will not fold them back to their original vacuum packed size but around double. They can be re-used numerous times however. They are cheap enough to sacrifice one to have a practise with and realise their limitations before needed.
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2014
The are what they are,Hopefully never require them,but they take up so little space,n could be the difference between life n death!Good value for money.Promptly sent ,well packed.Thank You!
on 22 October 2014
Amazing value for money. Quick delivery
on 27 June 2014
I work in a nursery so Bought these for my sensory room at work for the babies! Good purchase and the babies love this crinkly sound and how shiny they are! Brilliant to add to a sensory room and such a simple idea.
on 6 October 2014
Hi, Well certainly keeping me warm at night. My friend has bad blood pressure, and I got him one to put at end of bed to keep his feet warm. I took off my bottom bed sheet and put one on double double bed.
I'm not massive, in fact slightly built, and a double bed is large, obviously!
Electric blanket that needs no electricity. Thank you...Paul.

See one answered question