Colour Name: Black|Change

on 18 June 2012
I read about this radio in a sunday supplement and thought there had been a typo with the price. However, after research I found the price was correct so immediately ordered one.
It looks great in my 1970's kitchen. The tone is much better than my previous radio. The tuning is a doddle (just like the old days!) and the value for money is outstanding.
I would absolutely recommend it in every sense.
44 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2012
The radio is brilliant and looks superb in the house. It came very quickly, well packaged and protected and I would recommend one to anyone especially at that price.
on 30 November 2012
Bought as a present for my elderly mother- in- law and she loves the retro style. Easily tuned and good tone. She obviously finds it much easier to use than Dab.
on 25 March 2013
HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH DAD RADIOS THIS ONE IS SIMPLICITY ITS SELF TO USE.EASY STATION FINDER,GOOD SOUND,LOVE IT!! A VERY GOOD BUY
on 8 April 2013
I sent this to my 90yr old Mother for Mothers Day. I was a little worried that she would be unable to work out the workings as she is apt to fiddle with things . No worries she loves it very easy to use.
on 13 April 2013
Good style and great looking retro radio. Perhaps not the best output or tuning in clarity but if u want a cool looking radio its fine
on 17 April 2012
I bought this retro radio from amazon,very pleased with the sound,and it looks great on my mantlepeice.goes well with my decore
on 12 May 2013
Really like this radio, great vintage look at a fraction of the price of a Roberts! Decent sound , very pleased.
on 10 November 2014
Cool looking retro radio. We searched for a long time as we were replacing a DAB unit. In the end the price made this stand out. No regrets as you can't tell the difference in quality between the DAB and this! :)
on 19 October 2014
When my old portable TV/radio in the kitchen died, I was not much interested in the high tech digital radios on offer as digital reception in the kitchen was not very good and apart from that, they are rather expensive. But this radio is brilliant with an easy to tune large dial and a good sized speaker giving very good reproduction. On the top its got 3 push buttons to select FM/MW/LW frequencies and an on/off/volume knob and a tone knob. There is also an extendable chrome plated aerial so you can move it around to get the best reception.
And it looks so cool - nobody believes it's retro style, they all think is really is an old radio!