Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 18 July 2017
I absolutely love my radio it's on every day
review image
on 26 January 2015
This was a gift for my Mother who is in her 80's. Therefore essential that it is easy to use; and that the sound quality is high. This Steepleton Brighton radio meets both of these key criteria perfectly and my Mother is extreemely happy with it. Therefore, so am I...!
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 January 2014
Bought this about a year ago and was delighted to find a non-digital but good quality FM/LW radio which also looks at home in a retro-themed room, my alongside 1950s style toaster! Helpfully, the radio case is easy to wipe-clean, as mine does live in the kitchen.
It's easy to tune, has chunky and robust switches, and is easy to carry to another room with its full-width handle -- and runs on batteries so it comes outside and to stop me going berserk with boredom while weeding, too.
Really like the 'tone' control to tweak the bass / treble balance, too; useful when swapping from music to spoken word. Just the job for Radio 4...
Can see that some people (esp used to digital radios) might find the twiddly knob method of retuning to different stations a bit of a faff as there's no presets for different tunings.
Also, you do need to waggle the old-fashioned extendable aerial around sometimes to get the best reception.
But that's pretty much the point: it is a retro radio, not just in looks but also in function.
Available in heaps of colours and at different prices, so worth clicking around.
9/10
on 31 December 2012
This was a great buy , arrived on time and looks well in pink. Overall very pleased with this product
on 8 October 2015
Tuner didnt work ! Sending it back , gutted looks nice but jeez poor service sending shoddy goods . Will order another and rate it then .
on 13 January 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my mum and she loves it! I have ordered one in another colour for myself because I really liked the appearance of it. Mum has trouble with tuning the dab radio she already has in but says its a piece of cake on this new one and she is really pleased with it.
on 19 June 2013
I was looking for a few retro items to go in my kitchen and came across this radio. I saw that most of the reviews were really positive and as it's very well priced I decided to order it. It arrived in less than 48 hours and all I can say is WOW!!! I expected it to be a lot smaller than it is but the size, design and colour are excellent, looks far more expensive than it is and I can honestly say it's one of the best purchases I've made! Real retro vibe - will look great in my kitchen. If you can't decide just order it - I would be very surprised if you were disappointed!!
on 1 January 2013
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW RADIO AND HAVE BEEN READING LOTS OF REVIEWS. I REALLY WANTED A DIGITAL RADIO WITH A RETRO STYLE. THE ROBERTS RADIO REVIEWS WERE VERY MIXED AND WERE A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER BRANDS. ALTHOUGH THIS RADIO IS NOT DIGITAL IT SOUNDS GREAT AND EASY TO TUNE IN. IF IT CRACKLES A BIT I JUST TURN IT OR PUT THE ARIEL UP AND IT'S SPOT ON. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH IT, IT IS GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY AND IT LOOKS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IT WAS!! I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO WANTS A RETRO LOOKING RADIO AT A GOOD PRICE THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!!
on 1 June 2013
the radio arrived in good time was well packaged and looks like photo it is in working order and although i have hardly used it it looks very decorative in my kitchen if you like the style and i do.
on 15 November 2013
Bought this radio for my wife who is mad for all things 'retro' or 'vintage' or any other word like that. The radio does actually look really good, which I suppose is what anyone who considers this radio will be after. On the other hand, the radio is not very practical as it is not the easiest to find your desired stations. The bottom left badge on the radio that says 'steepletone' is just stuck on with a small piece of something sticky and when the radio arrived it was almost falling off, which was a bit disappointing as it was a present. After pressing on it for a while I have pretty much managed to get it stuck properly, but feels a bit tainted now :)

This is a radio for someone who wants to decorate their kitchen with a radio as it does look really smart and . It is not, in my opinion for someone who wants to enjoy the quality of music their listening to or the sports fan who wants to listen to MW in their shed, haha!!