on 18 January 2013
The SoundDock is a great piece of kit. It is a mobile piece of kit but only has a mains charger when you purchase it, which is not the ideal situation. What you need is a car charger.

I browsed around the Amazon site and there were 1 or 2 car charges cheaper than this Bose unit, but it was the fact that this is a Bose unit that made me purchase it. Better to be safe than sorry for a few quid.

It works perfectly and really now makes the SoundDock a perfect mobile speaker system. We use it in our campervan to supply good music sound and to replace the awful sound that emanates from our Avtek TV.

29/5/13 Update. You can use the sounddock with the mains charger plugged in and charging it while you listen to music. NOT SO with this 12v charger, it makes the unit too noisy to listen to. Obviously the electronics only provide a noisy charging voltage, probably because it only produces a pseudo sine wave. So charge it before you plan to use it for listening to.

Not too much of an issue because we have found you can easily get 3+ hours of listening on a single charge of the SoundDock.
on 18 April 2014
I have changed my 1star review to 4 as having spoken directly to Bose it appears that this item is not compatible with the Bose Soundlink mini and obviously the item is not at fault but rather the advertising is not clear enough (as can be seen by other reviewers). If you are looking to purchase the car charger for the mini you will need to order it elsewhere as at the moment amazon is not stocking the "Bose Soundlink Mini Car Charger."
*******************************************************************

I'm really disappointed with this item. It was purchased so that I could charge my fantastic Bose Mini Soundlink speaker in my camper van. I ummed and ahhed quite a bit over whether to buy this expensive charger lead or to opt for the other cheaper versions available on amazon. Because I have been so impressed with Bose's speaker system I thought it would be worth spending a little more, regardless of the fact it does get some poor reviews. Big mistake, I've tried to use the charger in three different vehicles and it has not worked at all.

On the amazon advertisement it isn't really very clear which Bose sound systems it will or won't work with. In amazon's section "FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER" it shows the Bose Soundlink Mini speaker, Bose Soundlink Mini speaker travel bag and this car charger together, so it would be very easy to assume that all three work in conjunction with each other. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.

Amazon have been very helpful in allowing us to return the item but I really do think their advertising needs a little more clarifying. I intend to contact Bose direct to hopefully get some accurate information and some advice on how to purchase a compatable car charger.

I will update this review as and when I get this information.
on 3 January 2014
This is an unexciting but very useful additional to your Bose Soundlink while on the move, as it allows you to recharge from your car socket. It is very sturdy and although expensive in comparison to cheap Eastern copies, it is worth the money. I would have liked a bag for it to be included though, as these cables can be a nuisance to store in cars.

Apart from that, it is recommended and works as it should
on 10 March 2014
This is not for the mini sound dock. Surprisingly bose have not made comparable chargers for their systems. There needs to be a warning on this itemI bought it by mistake and had to send it back
on 27 April 2014
Great bit of kit, not used it yet at we plan to use is in the motor Home. looks good and although expensive is the correct one for the job.
on 28 September 2013
I think that this item should have been supplied with the SoundLink speaker as it's a portable system.
However having brought the lead as an accessory, it works well I have used it more than the mains lead. It charges from the car and my motorhome. worth the small investment.
on 5 November 2014
We took this on a boat up the Norfolk Broads and it worked a treat with a soundlink speaker. Cheaper alternatives are available but a rough power supply can damage your equipment. So, since the Bose is an expensive speaker you get peace of mind using a Bose charger.
on 15 May 2014
Good quality car charger from Bose that works very well as expected. I purchased a cheaper charger before and it didn't work at all.
The Bose cost quite a bit more but you know its going to work. As the saying goes you get what you pay for.
on 7 September 2016
Sadly it didn't work. The green light on the 12V plug comes on but my BOSE Soundlink doesn't recognise the adaptor and therefore it doesn't charge. a waste of time and money.
on 18 October 2015
As described, tested with the Bluetooth and regular sound dock. Worked without issues on camping trip.