on 13 February 2017
The ideas in this independent debut fantasy novel, encompassing the nature of Heaven / Hell / Religion, are astonishing. It's the classic good vs evil yarn but utterly spellbinding in its take on that oldest of tales. As good as anything I've paid top price to read in the last 10 years and better than 99% of them (I'm not a typo snob - it's narrative & characters that interest me). I've already purchased part 2 and am going to start it now!!
on 2 April 2017
Sometimes you come across a story that you simply cannot put out of your mind. A great book.
If this is a measure of titles to come then I cannot wait. Buying the next one now!

A tale spanning many different times, some really interesting characters. I did spot some errors but I would suggest that anyone reading this review to not be put off by them. 99p for a story like this is a steal.

Try it, absorb the story. You will not regret it.
on 23 January 2017
Fantastic book. Holds your need to carry on reading with its twists and turns. Thank you for a good read
on 1 February 2014
I enjoyed this book immensely. The plot comes at the concept of the war between good and evil from a new direction. I commend it to you.
on 29 December 2015
great
on 5 January 2014
This book needs a good editor and a really good proofreader. The story's interesting but the introductions of the characters and their roles leaves a lot to be desired. It's a bit like '50s SciFi in that it tries to use a set of contrived names and titles to draw you in but then forgets to define them, so you're forever having to wonder who's who. The characters lack any real depth and some bit players are apparently just thrown in to the mix to try and explain away a plot hole or two. The period dialogue is toe-curlingly bad: I can imagine the author originally trying to fill it with words like "forsooth" and "verily" but being talked out of it, and for the better.

The Kindle version is riddled with annoying and distracting errors: simple stuff like "to" instead of "too", "dont" instead of "don't" and so on, and there are a number of apparently random line breaks that grate. The bold text formatting doesn't work well either.

The book filled a few hours and, at 64p, the flaws can be overlooked.

All in, three stars.
on 26 February 2013
I kept reading the book hoping I would find a reason for it! I was half expecting Professor Dumbledore, Voldemort and the Dementors to turn up!
It is profoundly anti God in the Old Testament, which many people would find disturbing and distressing. The ending went nowhere. It was almost as though the
author thought we could read his mind. Not the sort of ending that leaves you wanting to know more,....it just stopped.
on 2 December 2012
A truly amazing read. Had my Kindle recharging whilst reading. Read in one go, absolutely brilliant. I have read a good few books in my life but not one has ever gripped and refused to let go like this one. FANTASTIC!!!
on 16 January 2013
This book contains some amazing ideas and some interesting little quirks, too. Some of the characters are very appealing (Amelien) and there is a sense of, "I want to read on" going on with it....but it needs trimming and stabilising, or something I can't really put my finger on. It rambles rather too much and some of the ideas, whilst imaginative, seem so far-out that they stretch the bounds of believability almost to infinity. On the other hand, I could see this working as a film: it has some great visual images in it and some funny moments, too. Action packed but the fast pace sometimes drags to a halt and then slouches for several pages before picking its feet back up again. Yes, I kind of loved it, but there was plenty in it I would have torn out and dumped, had it been me...which it isn't! Anyway, it is worth a look and it isn't a bad read overall with some exciting moments and some very original ideas.
on 10 December 2012
This book is brilliant, i bought it a while back but have only just managed to get around and review it.

The characters are a great as well as the story, im not a great book reader, but this book re-established my love for reading.

The other reviews do not live up to what this book does, if you have a spare moment pick up the book and see how good it is for yourself.