Customer reviews

on 11 July 2014
Lovely!

A refreshing tale in which characters actually have bodily functions, and give some thought to cause and effect. A gentle, thought provoking read that I thoroughly enjoyed. Yes, it has it's fair share of action and setting-do, but this is a story about people, and there just aren't enough of these about.

I will certainly be getting the rest of the series.
on 10 March 2012
I have really enjoyed this book. I'd never heard of Nathan Lowell but I couldn't put this book down once I started reading, the central character is very believable with the story unfolding at a good pace, with surprises that kept me absorbed & wanting to know what happens next!
Looking forward to more Tanyth Fairport storied I hope...
on 26 June 2014
I enjoyed this book very much, in fact I enjoyed all the tanyth fairport adventure books, they all follow each other well, carrying the story on without a gap.
on 4 November 2015
I'm not really a fan of the fantasy genre being more into sci-fi, but I am a massive fan of Nathan Lowell. Having just finished the Solar Clipper series I thought I would give Ravenwood a go and I must say I wasn't disappointed. I found the characters very engaging with a well thought out story line that kept me captivated from start to finish, I look forward to more from this series. Well done Mr Lowell keep up the good work!!!
on 24 March 2014
Having discovered Nathan Lowell's (5 star) series, the wonderful Traders Tales of the Solar Clipper, I was desperate for more of his writing so tried the Tanyth Fairport series. Both series are genres I have not tried before but his storytelling is wonderful. The characters and plot lines draw you in and it is difficult not the rush through too quickly but then there is the pleasure of re-reading over and over again.
on 10 October 2015
This is a surprisingly good read, considering how little actual adventure there is in the story. The retelling of what is mostly an account of life in a imagined rural society is quite captivating, whilst the actual sequences of action are tense and draw you in.

This might not be for everyone, but if your reading does not require action and blood every few pages then this book might be worth trying.
on 17 February 2014
I loved this series. Tanyth is a great character. she considers herself nothing special but of course she is extraordinary, not just in her abilities but her independence and willingness to help people. I loved having a middle aged heroine too!
on 11 April 2016
a good read
on 7 August 2013
What can I say! All I can do is thank the author for such a wonderfull tale. simply a man who spins an excellent yarn.