on 16 November 2013
Just starting to use isomalt in cake decorating and having done research to make sure I handled it safely Silpat seemed to be the recommended baking mat to use. A bit pricey, but where safety is concerned you minimise risks. It did the job well, I love it and will continue to use it. Money well spent I think from my point of view but there may be other things on the market that I don't know about that do the job cheaper and as well. My advice is do your own research, it wasn't quick to arrive and that might be a deciding factor for some..
on 30 April 2014
Before owning a Silpat I had seen them used in many a professional kitchen.

As soon as I got this product I was inspired to do all sorts of things in the kitchen that I'd never tried before: boiled sweets, sugar shapes, gels, jellies, tweels and so much more.

Great for confectionery and baking and for all those 'molecular' chefs out there who like making things with agar and the like.
on 31 May 2013
I have seen this product being used on you tube and it looks great, as a would like to create some sugar designs, this mat is a must to have.
Excellent and fast service...thanks