Format: DVD|Change

on 11 March 2012
I've been trying to track down a cinema showing of this film without success. I'm a fan of Sally Phillips and was interested in seeing her first feature film. Additionally, I really rate Kelly Macdonald and was intrigued to see her in a British film, given her main work has been US based most recently. The premise of the film is slightly flimsy - world famous actress (Alice Eve) wants to marry cynical writer (David Tennant) without paparazzi intrusion. Their first wedding is scrapped when a photographer is found in the church, so they decide to reschedule and hold the wedding on a remote island. The Kelly Macdonald character returns to the island after a period away on the mainland; sworn off men, she agrees to help out with the wedding by acting as a decoy bride to fool the paparazzi. Lot's of silliness ensues, however there are some fun set pieces, and Tennant and Macdonald do their best with a script which needed some tightening. The scene with the deaf couple worked really well, and Phillips shows promise as a screen writer. Critics have really panned the film, however I watched the film with my husband who thought it was "entertaining" (which for him is high praise indeed). Buy it if you like light romance and need to check your brain out for an evening.
on 27 May 2017
I mainly chose to watch this film as I am a big David Tennant fan. I had no expectations prior to watching it but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Tennant and MacDonald have great chemistry and make a couple that I really rooted for from the off. Its full of laugh out loud moments as well as moments that warm your heart. A must for Rom Com fans.
on 23 February 2017
Can't fault anything, just film wasn't my cup of tea!
on 15 March 2012
As a big fan of David Tennant I will watch as he is a fab actor and the decoy bride is another winner .
this film has it all it funny it draws you in and it one I will be watching over and over again just wish I got to see it in the cinema . the story is hart warming and funny too David at his best total fan girl review I know but if you love David as much as I do you love this
on 28 May 2017
Nice light hearted film enjoyed it thoroughly.
on 11 May 2017
Loved this film. David Tennant did not disappoint with his wit and charm. All of the cast played their parts well. Set in a lovely location.
on 27 April 2017
Not at all the frothy film suggested by the cover. Really enjoyed by all 6 family members (pretty rare!)
on 23 April 2017
The dvd I received was faulty and am still waiting for the arrival of the newer DVD which I was promised.
on 11 June 2017
Super Fun!
on 27 October 2012
This is a lovely, gentle Cinderella story, with the kind of fairy tale happily ever after ending all little girls who've ever had a crush on a handsome prince (or time lord) will just adore. Very satisfying to find a rom com I could watch with my mother without blushing.