on 21 April 2012
I've been searching for a versatile Kipling bag for awhile now and originally ordered the Fairfax Medium. When it arrived it was so tiny, the straps wouldn't even go over my shoulder! So I sent it back and began searching again.

Originally I wasn't fussed on the Gracy style, but I really loved the Blaise print. It was a little out of my price range, (The Blaise print is more expensive) but there was a 25% off deal so I took it.

One thing to note about Kipling bags in general on Amazon is that the colours displayed in the pictures have been taken with a strange saturation or something. The site shows the Blaise print as being very "white" with purple rosettes but it is in fact a purple base with a darker purple over it. Beware with other colours too, (just check the colours on google images and you will see what I mean) the Deep Sky is a beautiful vibrant blue on Amazon, as is the tangerine colour, but in reality the Deep Sky is more baby blue and the tangerine is definitely not as bright!

The bag itself was smaller than I imagined it to be, at first glance I thought "Oh no, that will not do!" But it does in fact hold everything I need. The size, to put it into real terms, is about the size of an A4 page. You would have trouble putting an A4 notepad into it (it would probably go, but you wouldn't be able to zip up!)

However, it holds my Kindle, Purse, Keys, and lots of other things with plenty of room and even my netbook squeezes in there (although it makes the bag very rigid). The pen holders are fine but I would say that they need to rethink their phone pocket, as it will not fit most smartphone sizes, and now I have to use the MP3 pocket for my phone instead!

I will say that it could definitely use another zipped pocket on the back, most other Kipling bags have these but with the Gracy bag it is not there. The strap, although long enough to put across the body, it needs to be fully adjusted to do this, which was a bit disappointing as I'm not even that big of a person.

Hopefully this review helps others in their decision to purchase a Kipling bag, as I spent ages trawling reviews to decide on mine. I am very happy with my purchase, and I am pleased with the Blaise print even though it is so different to the amazon picture!
11 Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2015
Fab. Love these bags. I've one in brown & bought this one for a friend. AND... got it at a great price.
VINE VOICEon 18 May 2013
I do love a Kipling bag and this one is no exception. The teal is a gorgeous colour and the bag big enough to hold all the essentials and more. As usual with Kipling bags, much more spacious than they look. Just wish I could stop at one!
on 31 October 2013
I always buy Kipling bags as they are made well, look great and I like the nice soft feel.
This is a great bag, a really good size and well made.
on 15 November 2013
what can i say kipling bags are just fantastic this one is roomy... well made and at a bargain price.. .. ..... ..
on 24 August 2013
Amazing bag , really good price for what you get, lots of room and compartments can get enough in even though it doesn't look a big bag. Very pleased . Ideal for everyday use.
on 16 February 2012
I have been a fan of Kipling for years. Bought this in the spring/summer 2012 colour Pigeon Grey thanks to Amazon's fantastic discount. Its a lovely, well designed style and I like the large slot pocket under the flap in which you can keep a Kindle or book for example. However I will moan about the lack of lining on these newer Kipling bags. Only the main compartment is lined which cheapens it. And the lining is now thinner and grey in colour.

Edit: After using this for some time it has now become my favourite Kipling bag. Will definitely buy in other colours.
on 7 October 2012
I have a few Kipling bags but this one is the best so far. The warm grey is gorgeous and goes with everything - it is a very neutral colour. The bag has lots of pockets so you can organise all your things. Arrived in perfect condition in a very generous box with lots of padding. love it!
on 16 March 2015
Brought this as a "summer colour " as have quite a few darker Kipling bags, but needed one that would hold my IPad especially as going on holiday soon . Very pleasantly surprised as bag bigger than I thought and room for other things as well. Very good value for money.
So what is there not to like about these bags, while some patterns and fabric finishes are a challenge to appreciate, overall the design lends itself to a very functional bag with numerous pockets. My partner went with a more neutral colour option, we bought ours directly from Amazon and delivery and packing were not an issue. These are good bags and some are quite keenly priced so do some shopping around before you buy. The picture of the bag that accompanies this review is not the bag that was bought - rather it was a nice turquoise colour.

A small note of caution the GRACY, black (Lacquer Black 952), K10909 is very much an acquired taste.

See one answered question