on 21 June 2012
Just received my Kipling Cicely bag after much agonizing about which bag to choose, watching videos on them, and filling-and-refilling my Amazon shopping basket. I couldn't decide between the Erasto and this one, the Cicely, which is a bit different from other Kipling bags. It doesn't have so many chunky zippers so it's a bit "dressier" style. It's big enough to hold a book, my (computer) tablet, water bottle and even a folded-up umbrella. Because the Kipling bags are so lightweight it makes carrying all those things much more comfortable, yet the bags are so sturdy. I ordered the Denim Blue colour but it's more a bluish-grey than a "denim". In retrospect, I probably like it more than I would have a more denim-type finish.
0Comment| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 December 2017
Very nice
on 31 August 2013
This is a good sized shoulder bag which can be used as an everyday work bag or holiday bag. You can fit an Ipad, notebook and loads of other things in it easily. I bought it in Brick to compliment my new suitcases, use it for your in-flight bag. a good all rounder. Great price too.
on 18 December 2014
Happy with the bag I purchased
on 13 August 2012
This bag is really lovely. The colours are bright and it compliments most of my outfits. It holds lots and keeps important things separate so that you don't have to rummage. Great for shopping.
on 16 January 2014
Thought I would steer clear of black and choose a colour for a change and glad I did because Port Red is a lovely colour (not bright at all .... but subtle) This bag is light, strong and well made .. up to Kiplings usual standard. Larger than most handbags but not ridiculously so and the size is fine for me as I fit my smaller handbag inside and remove it when I need to fill with shopping. Handles fit over my shoulder comfortably when wearing a coat with padded sleeves..

The only criticism I have (and not five stars) is that it was so wrinkly when it came out of the box that I put a tea towel over it and ironed it. Looked better after that though I had to be careful and keep the iron at a low heat. Considering the size of the box it came in I would have thought a little packing material inside the bag would help to avoid the wrinking ... after all it isnt wrinkled on the photo and 40 pounds is expensive for a shopping bag - the packaging should be sufficient to protect it so its in pristine condition on arrival.
on 11 December 2014
This is a great work bag (teaching assistant) which is comfortable to carry around the school even with all my paraphernalia! There are 3 compartments: main which is zipped plus one either side (front & back) held together by strong Velcro. I am able to keep 2 thick A4 whiteboards & a thick whiteboard pen plus my Galaxy tablet in one Velcro pocket. The one at the front of the bag (same size) has the usual Kipling 3 inner pockets to put phone, pen & wallet (just as a guide to the size of them) and again enough room for my A4 booklet planner (or a tablet) keeping in mind you want the Velcro to close. Main compartment is very roomy & I keep a pencil case, pencil box, glasses case, notebook plus the usual makeup bag and still have room to spare. Also has a large zipped pocket in the main part. The bag still takes on the distinct look of a handbag and not a 'shopping bag' which I have had to use in the past. It also has a pocket at either side which again has Velcro, but I find ideal to keep my water bottle in one of them. Usual Kipling key locater so you can attach your keys to it and find them with no hassle. Definitely recommend this to anyone who needs to be organised.....or just loves Kipling bags!! Bonus...the children love the monkey!! 😃
on 2 December 2012
First Kipling bag I have owned and I was impressed by the quality. Very roomy and has the added benefit of two extra pockets (front and back) in-between the outside layer and the inner zipped bag. These close with velcro and are useful for throwing your keys in.
on 7 June 2013
Bigger than all my other kiplings. Makes a great baby bag for my 1 year old. Holds 3 big bottles milk powder snacks for the day and spoons and a juice cup in one section. Nappys wipes etc in another. Sun cream and spare bibs in the side pockets. And there's still a whole section for my bits too! The best kipling I've purchased so far!
on 1 September 2012
Brilliant colour! Hangs at just the right level. Loads of room for everything you could possibly need for a day out and plenty of pockets of various sizes allowing you ready access to essential items. Fun monkey add-on which fascinates my grandson!