on 16 December 2011
I bought it thinking that it is high capacity and bigger so will charge faster and efficiently but I soon realized that the charger hardly charged through light. Above all, the sole reason of buying it was that it could charge the ipad and phones while they were not in use. I was disappointed, as the indicator lights kept blinking all day as if it was charging but it did not. The solar charging was grossly inefficient. A full days charge could not even start the charging process. Tried it for 5-6 days, same result.
I also tried charging it through my laptop which it did. It gave good power to my ipad but it was not as if it charged the ipad from 10% to 90%, a full charge from laptop gave my ipad approx 25% charge.
Another problem is it does not charge any device directly while under sun. It first stores the charge in the built-in battery and then you have to transfer the charge once the battery has charged and that happens quickly. Its not the best if you are looking for something to charge your device directly from sun and at the same time.
on 7 July 2013
1, It has been on charge for 8 days now and will still not charge.
2,Arrived with a full charge so only had one charge of my phone from it.
3,Did not know how bad it was at first as it arrived with a full charge and only found out when I needed it.
4,would not recommend it.
on 31 March 2013
Not good 4 days on window and only 2 bars charged , that was with good uk weather! Glad It can charge via usb and can get 2 phones or the like charged off it !
on 17 December 2011
I live in greece which is mostly sunny so I bought this solar charger to charge my nokia phones. I have charged the solar charger from my desktop pc using the USB connection and after a few days I tried to charge my nokia 5310.

After the battery indicator on the mobile's screen blinked 3-4 times the mobile said "wrong charger". Tried it 2-3 times and I got the same answer. Then I tried on my nokia 5800. Again after 3-4 blinks of the battery indicator the answer from the phone was "not charging". Next day after I fully charged my nokia 5310 I tried to charge it with the solar charger. I didnt get the usual answer "wrong charger" and the mobile looked like it was charging. I thought that after a few secs it will say "fully charged" but the charging continued for all night long although the phone was already fully charged.

I dont know if thats the way this device works but in my opinion it is totaly defective.
on 28 March 2013
really good! means I can run my phone and iPod nearly infinitely. I use it all the time when camping. the lipo seems to be lasting well, but its not actually waterproof as it says, so be careful, and you can probably keep it resemble dry in a clear plastic bag.
on 24 December 2015
Great product. As advertised thank you.

Solar isn't as good in low light conditions. But it does charge well in bright conditions.
on 23 November 2011
The plastic quality is not the best but for £19.95 it is normal. The performance is good, it charges just fine under sun light and managed to charge my Iphone 4 and still had energy to charge a normal mobile phone. The auto off feature is great and when the charging is complete it also goes to sleep. The battery indicator LED's are useful. Feels very light, and its very slim too. Highly recommended!
on 28 August 2013
Advice would be that you charge it up by USB before you go 'off grid' so that the solar is working as a top up.
on 19 October 2013
It seems to do what it says on the box. We got it for my son in August 2013 as he was volunteering at a festival. I am not sure how much he used it as he found a place to plug in his phone to the mains . It is very light and small . You do have to charge it fully before first use which takes a while. I am very in favour of using solar energy but my son is less bothered so may not ever really put it through it's paces. I may buy another for myself because I like the concept so much .
on 6 April 2012
Total rubbish Avoid. I had to send it back as it did not hold any charge. do not waste your time and money, be advised!