on 16 October 2014
After my Wireless 800 keyboard dongle finally gave up (only the dongle) I decided to upgrade to a combo with a more sensitive mouse. Hence the 2000.

I went for the standard brown cardboard box packaging (no pretty pictures) that was a lot cheaper than the business (fancy box) version. There's no difference in the actual product.

Out of the box, this comes with 4 Duracell batteries (2 AA for the mouse and 2 AAA for the keyboard). Easy to fit, and easy to pair with Windows 7. No issues there.

The dongle is a bit big compared to the 800 dongle, being about twice the size which is annoying but nothing too disastrous. It's about 3cm long so might get in the way a little. Range is excellent and multiple keyboards near each other won't matter due to AES encryption. Hooray!

Mouse is brilliant. 4 way scrolling is a nice touch (left-right as well as up-down) and the Blue technology really is superb - it works everywhere with the exception of (probably) a liquid surface. Haven't tried using it on water..... The size is great, even for my shovel-like hands. Scroll wheel doesn't "click" as you move it, which I like.

My keyboard seemed a bit rattly but on further investigation I realised the batteries were rattling, so a little bit of paper around them sorted that out - nice and quiet now. Keyboard thrown is good and the feel is standard. Nothing too luxury though - you do get what you pay for in this case.

Lots of extra buttons to use and program (5) and good for media (volume, play, pause etc) so you can have this on your lap if you're playing Amazon Prime movies and can't be bothered to move to pause it.

Still no light for caps lock (boo) but you can't win them all.

Can't go wrong - get one!
This Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 Set comes ready to go out of the box with 2AA batteries included for the mouse and two AAAs for the keyboard. The immediate impression is of a good looking and well designed set. Installation under Windows 10 was literally "plug and play" using the supplied USB dongle.

The keyboard features a textured wrist rest with a comprehensive range of keys to access the web, email, magnify, media player, calculator and volume controls plus 5 customisable favourite keys. The feel of the keys is good although they are quite close together but are affirmative although there doesn't seem to be caps lock on indicator. There are also feet to raise the keyboard which I find useful plus a low battery indicator.

The mouse is equally good being both comfortable and generously proportioned with a smooth action and effective scroll wheel which has continuous rather than click stop action. The mouse is precise and unlike some others I've used doesn't hang from time to time.

In summary, a really well made keyboard and mouse set which represents good quality/value and which should suit many people. Recommended.
on 24 March 2017
The mouse is excellent and is precise.

The wireless USB piece is much longer than expected and sticks out of the side of the laptop too much. It keeps me worried about knocking it with the mouse or something else all the time.

The keyboard is not as comfortable to use as my desktop Microsoft wired keyboard.
The keys are much smaller than expected, certainly much smaller than my laptop's.
The letters are also very small and not easy to read unless you have good lighting conditions. There are no backlights here.

Otherwise the overall quality of both mouse and keyboard is excellent as expected from Microsoft.
on 14 May 2017
This works OK but there is a tendency for the mouse to be adversely affected by unknown outside influences. When this happens, the cursor moves wildly around the desktop which can be very annoying.
on 10 March 2017
Its a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set. Just as good as you would expect, decent battery life, positive feel to the keyboard and mouse. Purchased for a member of staff who says its great.
on 17 August 2013
At £23.99, this keyboard is brilliant! The mouse is alright, but I have some problems with it (paaragraph 2)

My previous keyboard was a lot more simple than this one - spaced out keys, noisy keys, no media buttons, etc. This keyboard is almost the opposite but I definitely prefer it! It makes virtually no sound at all when you're typing which is great for working (or gaming!) at night when everybody else is trying to sleep, and also the keys in the vertical-middle of the keyboard are slightly lower than the others which makes typing a lot more comfortable. The rest is of a good quality although I haven't really used it because I am not used to having one! There's plenty of media buttons at your disposal which I'll have to play around with but I doubt I'll use them much.

+ comfortable
+ quiet
+ plenty of extra buttons!

- esc, f1-f12, prtscn, scrlk, pause and the calculator are all buttons rather than keys which could be against your liking.
- no Caps Lock light to say if it's on or off, but there is a visual screen notification telling you this. I prefer lights :)

The mouse, on the other hand, isn't quite as good. It's a comfortable shape and the right sort of size for a fifteen-year-old's hand and I have no complaints on it's surface ability due to the "Bluetrack Technology", but the wheel of the mouse isn't really to my liking. I've only ever had two mice in my lifetime so I don't know if this is the new design of mouse or something but the wheel hasn't got any grooves or notches so it's a little less precise when scrolling. I had to install the microsoft software (which, by the way, was ridiculously easy to do) and managed to make the scrolling more precise but having no bumps in the wheel is definitely a problem for me.

+ comfortable
+ sensitive
+ software makes scrolling and movement easy to customize to your liking

- wheel has no notches so scrolling isn't as nice as my previous mouse
- don't expect to present it on a "best looking mouse" show, because it's rather boring. Black and grey is worse than just black.

So, for £23.99, this is a damn good keyboard. I looked around for weeks on amazon at Logitech and Microsoft keyboards and I'm glad I took so long reading all the reviews to see the problems and benefits. Thank you to all those who took the time to write reviews and those who marked the good ones as helpful, it really helped me choose this wonderful package.

(It's 4 stars because of the mouse's minor fault - a 5 star product shouldn't have any)
on 22 July 2016
Perfect is working really nice with my windows 8 and the mouse is large for medium hands. It is a big wireless keyboard and mouse.
on 1 October 2014
The wireless connection between from the mouse can drop out time to time when I had the wireless adapter in the back of my PC. I put it in the front USB socket and seem to be working fine now. If you have a laptop then you got nothing to worry about as it will work just fine. Very good quality and batteries on the mouse have lasted me quite a few months.
on 25 January 2016
This is an excellent keyboard and mouse which has a really nice feel.

The only problem is that it takes about 30 seconds to setup which is a whole half minute which I will never get back. Also, the lack of a wire makes my desk too tidy and I miss my anarchy.
on 3 May 2017
Much better than the Logitech set it replaced. The bigger mouse is more comfortable and much easier to use too. Worth the money. .