on 6 August 2016
The keyboard was perfectly OK, but the mouse had both design and manufacturing faults, all to do with the scroll wheel:

Unlike all other mice I've had before (other than the Microsoft 5000 mouse, which has the same problem), the scrolling was not the "ratchet" type. This may sound fine, but it's really easy to move the scroll wheel as you centre-click, resulting in the mouse not recognising the click.

The centre click needs a really hard press (again like the 5000) which just exacerbates the above problem and can also quickly give you cramp in your finger.

The centre scroll wheel "grated" for part of the way round its rotation.

I returned this within hours, and the Amazon return and refund process is second to none. Within two hours of dropping it off at the Post Office I had the money back in my account.
on 7 May 2014
Plug my laptop into monitor, plug this into my laptop (usb very unobtrusive and fits either in back of keyboard or under mouse when not being used.) now I can write my essays in comfort wherever I am in my room. Great for chatting, skype or IM when you can just sit back and relax giving you a much more comfortable and natural conversation. Also clears desk space as you can have this on your lap or put it to one side when you need to write something down. Keyboard has a nice, comfortable hand rest with a comfortable texture to prevent wrist/hand injuries. (very useful for reducing essay cramp)
Mouse works well on any surface, carpet, bed, girls bum ;) and feels comfortable in your hand. Just remember to turn it off after you have finished using it or your batteries will not last very long at all. AAA for keyboard, AA for mouse.
on 2 January 2015
Worked fine for a year and then the mouse stopped functioning. New batteries and USB port swap did not fix. No reset buttons on any of the hardware so unable to reconnect/pair the mouse. Going to have to scrap it, will stick to Logitech in future.
on 16 December 2015
It's not bad for a basic wireless keyboard. The built-in palm pad helps and the keys have what you could call a discreet but positive click. The mouse is nicely weighted and tracks well.

There are lots of programmable keys but be aware that the box only contains the basic 'plug-in-and-play' instructions so, unless you track down the info on the Net, they'll sit there unused. One of it's biggest flaws is there are no 'on board' status indicators for keys that toggle, like CAPS LOCK. You just get a brief status display in a small bar in the bottom right corner of the monitor. After that you have to guess - why is this better than an LED on the keyboard Microsoft? THis is a REAL PAIn if you use them very much and is why I'll change it for something else.
on 9 May 2013
Purchased this item. Looked at many many keyboards as i don't like the new small keyboards, I like something solid. I was not disappointed. Lovely to work with, keys are great and like the zoom in and out buttons at the top. It is my first wireless keyboard and have found that the life of the batteries are so far ok. I have purchased some rechargeable batteries for it. In fact i love it so that i have just purchased another one as a spare.Can I also say that i purchased this to use with a windows 8 desktop. Was worried that it may not be compatible as it only mentioned windows 7 on the box. I couldn't get the zoom in and out buttons to work yesterday but got up today and there was an automatic update for it, they now work.
on 5 October 2013
Microsoft 2000AES Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse
I'm a bit old school when it comes to keyboards as I like the key action to be positive and clicky. This MS keyboard has a dampened rubbery feel to it that needs some getting used to. If you are after a old style keyboard then I'm sorry to say you better move with the times as they don't make them like that any more.

Its still early but the printing of characters on the keys does not seem to be very durable and would not be surprised that they will 'wear away' in a few months.

The mouse is much better has a nice feel and responsive.

Overall, having a wireless keyboard/mouse is a positive experience and works just a good as wired.
on 31 December 2015
Bought as a replacement for another wireless set which broke.

The keyboard is comfortable and quiet, but I felt that the space between the directional keys and the main part of the keyboard was far too small. The buttons at the top of the keyboard didn't work with windows 8 or 10 for anything. May be of much more use on Windows 7 but didn't get the chance to try.

After minimal use (around once a week) for around a year many of the keys stopped working. Replacing the batteries didn't fix the issue so I had to replace this one too.

The mouse, however, is really comfortable and still going strong. At least the receiver will still be of use, it is very basic but nice to use.
on 31 March 2014
Very comfortable to use and i like the clicking sound as i type. I found it very simple to set up too. I usually ask my son-in-law to help me out but thought i would have a go first. I felt quite proud of myself.
on 17 March 2014
Cheap and cheerful but good quality keyboard and mouse. The only part of it I don't like is the free running mouse wheel. I prefer a clicky wheel but it's easy to get used to and others might prefer this.
on 9 December 2011
I am very impressed with this keyboard. Very easy to set up and use. Has many functions related to photography and is also compatible with Windows 7.