on 6 December 2013
No disrespect to the old crooner himself, but not the ORIGINAL version. I prefer the genuine original (written by Jule Styne in 1945) which was sung by talented Vaughn Monroe which then reached No.1 on the Billboard music chart. This version can be heard during the end credits of the 'Die Hard' movie starring Bruce Willis.
Obviously respect for the song goes a long way, being also recorded by:
Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Ed Ames, Michael Bolton, Garth Brooks, Michael Bublé, The Carpenters, Chicago, Patsy Cline, Ray Conniff Singers, Bing Crosby, Doris Day, Gloria Estefan, Kenny G, Vince Gill, Manhattan Transfer, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis, Marie Osmond, Cliff Richard, Carly Simon, The Three Tenors, Twisted Sister, Andy Williams, and many many more...
and wonderful I'm sure they all are.
on 16 December 2013
This song is excellent, one of my favourites in fact... (at Christmas time). Although technically it isn't a song about Christmas at all. It is more of a seasonal one. Which means no Religion involved, which also means we can all share in it's warmth. Whaaaaaat?

Honestly... This truly is one of the reasons as to why I love it so much, it is a warm song that can be enjoyed by anybody.

Most would tell you that it was originally sung by Frank Sinatra, or Dean Martin or both as that is what I believed as well in the beginning. Neither of which is true. It was written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne in 1945, ironically on the hottest day of that year and one of THE hottest ever.

It was first performed by Vaughn Monroe also in 1945 and to me it is the best version, as that is the version that still sticks with me to this day.

This version is a cracker as well but it feels slightly less warm than Monroe's original. Should you buy this one then? Yes because it is still a very good performance by Sinatra and co. and if you are looking at this now, before Christmas 2013... then the price is free to Amazon users. So what have you got to lose?

If you don't get it, you can always watch the last 3 mins of Die Hard and Die Hard 2, to catch the definitive version.
on 4 May 2016
This song gave me more than I bargained for - twice it made me fall asleep on Christmas day - first after the main event (dinner) and secondly in the evening once we had all had a bit too much to drink. A classic tune for the whole family - no other compares really - performed by a true legend !
If your looking for a song that will put your whole family to sleep on christmas day then this my friends is for you!
With 'Ol' Blue Eyes' himself singing here this has become one of the classics of Christmas easy listening. Frank Sinatra, still probably the most popular crooner of all time here gives his rendition of this song, probably my favourite version of this. Although this is often on compilation albums if you haven't got it now is a good time to download it whilst it is on promo.
on 27 December 2013
I think this song is great, but I didn't like this remastered version. Played it, then compared it against the other Free "Let It Snow" track and decided that the other was much better, so deleted this one. Probably would have kept it (and not played it as much) if the other hadn't been available. Others may prefer this remastered version, but it wasn't to my taste.
on 22 December 2013
I downloaded this with some others to try a new sound bar and they sound very good. As with re-mastered tracks the stereo is not as good as it should be but they made the house feel very festive. This was also my first time ever of downloading music and I may get into this more after Christmas when there is a bit more money around.
on 3 January 2014
This song makes me want it to snow....normally I think 'oh no not snow, think of slippy paths, traffic problems blah blah blah'......I hear this song and think 'Let it snow, let's go for a walk in it, sledge, build a snowman..'
I think any song that brings the happy go lucky child out in you is amazing.
on 6 December 2013
To put it simply I love it - it feels much more natural and casual than some of the more recent cover versions, i.e. Michael Buble's (don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Buble too!!). It brings up lots of memories/de ja vus of different Christmasy films - not used to hearing the whole song in full though!!
on 9 December 2013
Of the choices I was offered being a nice free offer from Amazon this was the best in terms of quality of singer and song its become more of a classic in the last few years since Hollywood used it for the first Die Hard movie which to be honest is where most people know it from .
VINE VOICEon 10 March 2014
You can't beat the old style Christmas songs and this is a nice, remastered version of Sinatra's Let it Snow. Just snuggle down, let the cold weather descend and warm yourself by the fire listening to Frank's dulcet tones. Bliss!