Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 April 2012
Not a regular reviewer but I had to comment on this album as I'm overjoyed that there are still artists that know how to craft a song. The uneven chord sequences and unusual time signatures remind me of Love but I can't detect any real cliches. A refreshing album that succeeds on it's own terms with rich instrumentation and affecting but unstylised vocals.
on 1 April 2012
A superb debut from Dry the River.Dont be put put off by Mumford comparisons,this is a far deeper and musically rich offering.Mumford are a mere pop band compared to these.I hear echos of Arcade Fire in the rich dense instrumentation and high vocals but they are certainly not mere copyists. A band to watch for sure!!!
on 6 June 2012
Outstanding collection of well crafted songs in my mind better then Mumford and Sons to whom they are compared. Songs like New Ceremony, The Chamber and the Valves, Weights and Measures and Demons are my favourites although in truth there are no duds.
on 19 March 2012
I bought this album at the weekend and like it so much that I felt compelled to write my first ever review. Top notch composition, lyrics and execution. These guys are going places...just wait and see...
on 15 May 2012
Great Album, have listened to it several times since purchase, very intense sound at times, but gentle and melodious at others, this album will take me through summer.
on 21 November 2012
Brought this album after hearing one of the songs on the radio.they are a heavier version of the american band of horses.
After a few plays this has grown on me and is worth a punt.
on 29 January 2013
Shallow Bed has to be my favourite album of 2012. Privileged to have seen DTR live in Gloucester where they played all the album. Highly recommended if you like soulful rock
on 12 January 2013
These guys are so experiences for a new band. The quality of sound is as if they've been at it for years and their lyrics don't let them down either.
on 9 June 2013
excellent product, love the tracks, would recommend this CD to all music lovers regardless of gendre. could listen to it over and over again.
on 12 March 2013
Love this band and the album. Really good value for money as you get 2 albums in one. Don't normally buy music but glad I bought this CD.