Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£11.99

I was struggling with the transition from Project 2003 to Project 2010 - they are quite different. This book was good as a basic introduction to how the functionality has been reorganised - the ribbon menu for example - and how to get started, but it lacks the advanced functions such as formula.

Also, if you expected a step by step guide to building a project plan, this is not it. It tells you to set up your resources as an early step in defining your project, but then points you to a chapter much later in the book to tell you how this is done.

I needed the experience of Project that I already had in order to follow the instructions, so I would say that this is not a particularly good book for beginners. Where it was useful was in explaining how 2003 has morphed into 2010.
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2014
I had to learn Microsoft Project 2010 rapidly for a University Project Management module.I found this book to be useful reference and helped me get up to speed quickly. Like all the Dummies books its easy to read and follow.
on 13 January 2013
Bought this as a present for my son, who I'd given some basic training on how to use MS project.
The 2010 version is quite different to the earlier 2007 one and it has some annoying traits.
So I bought the book to help my son gain a bit of experience and use the book as a reference to gain more confidence.
I saw my son yesterday and asked what he thought of the book. The feedback was. Very good and he said it it very constructive in explaining the use of MS project especially as he had never used it before.
on 19 February 2012
First time user to Project and it is a major part of my job now so I really needed this book, found it very useful so far.
on 14 August 2011
I have found that the book enhances my usage of the physical system.I wanted to beable to reference a chapter to remind myself of the workings of Project. This book does this, in simplistic terms too.
I am pleased with my purchase.
on 20 April 2013
Excellent book. Covers all the key features of Project at a detailed enough level for a newcomer to Project can get started and make the most of the software in a short space of time.
on 3 December 2012
If you want to become an overnight expert in Project 2010 then buy this book, I was a dummy until I had it in my possession, a must for all budding experts out there..!
on 29 May 2013
Fantastic book. Has allowed me to FINALLY learn Project, something that was badly needed! I cant recommend this highly enough!
on 27 October 2011
I was struggling with the package but this book has helped greatly. All you need to understand the package. Worth buying.
on 22 March 2015
I bought this to help me learn project 2010. It has been of some help but I really needed tips on the complicated elements like reports and costs plus fees.