Customer reviews

on 12 February 2015
I read a lot of reviews before purchasing this. They indicated a good, reliable product. Sadly this one did not live up to that indication. It froze twice in as many days and had to be reset before it would work again. It doesn't give an indication of battery life, as far as I could tell and of course there is no instruction booklet to help or screen to read. It changed the ring tone of my phone, which then refused to revert to the preferred choice for a few days, which was annoying. There is no screen to scroll through and no menu of options in the downloadable manual either to hep navigate what you're doing. It's a bit of guess work as much as intuition with whether you're setting it or just annoying those around you with the beeping noise it make whilst you're changing or trying to change settings. It left me very disappointed in the product overall and more so because Parrot have a good reputation. I did download the manual but it didn't help matters apart from instructions on how to reset it, which were badly needed. It might have just been a faulty unit or could be it's a poor overall product, but given it was barely operational for the few days I had it, I will never know.
on 5 November 2016
great item
on 13 March 2017
Easy to install. Works as described
on 18 October 2012
It really is a Parrot with attitude, does everything it says on the box and is so simple to set up. Highly recommended.
on 26 December 2014
The Minikit worked straight out of the box, perhaps as well as the instructions supplied are not the best and are a little vague. In use there are some downsides. Attaching to the sun visor is a great idea in principle but when the sun visor is used it is all too easy to unintentionally hit the control buttons and the strap ensures that the vanity mirror is no longer available. If you are lady that likes to check her makeup then beware!
The main problem is that the voice recognition system works but is totally impractical if you allow the Minikit to download all your phone numbers. The only way to resolve this is to delete all the numbers and stop them from being automatically updated. It would be a lot easier if you could just select which numbers to store as, if you are not a business user, you probably only need instant access to a few important numbers. You can also get around the problem by using Siri (if you have an IPhone) as at least you can interface with the software more intelligently.
Battery life is OK provided you turn off auto recognition off for incoming numbers or magic words.
If you use this unit in the most basic form it's fine. If you want more than spend more and get a system that integrates properly with your car systems. Value for money ...Yes...but don't expect all the features to work as you would really like...they can't, won't, or are too much trouble.
on 31 December 2012
Best hands free I've come across, and at a very reasonable price. This us the 3rd one I've bought (2 as presents). I recommend it to everyone!
on 11 May 2013
Excellent easy to use piece of kit although can sometimes be hard to connect and difficult to know when charging is required
on 22 September 2014
Excellent bit of Kit. My Bluetooth in my car has packed in so I bought this and it works brilliantly. It was programmed in French which was a bit disconcerting at first but the A4 note that came with it was straight forward and it was just a case on connecting to my PC, changing the language and updating the software. All in all it just took a few minutes.
I like its portability and have used it several times to calls at home where in some parts of the house I don't get a particularly strong mobile phone signal and therefore use the Parrot to communicate with my phone perched on a window sill!
Very pleased with the price and the device.
on 28 March 2013
Quite impressed for a hands free product, but not as good as the fixed parrot, but quite pleased with this product
on 17 January 2014
I was so disappointed by this. Had to charge every single day, even though only used for 20 mins max. Each morning I was met with the voice telling me that the battery needed charging. Each time I got into the car I had to manually connect my phone. The unit would frequently go into "whisper mode" i.e. the volume would lower (for no reason): I could barely hear through the speaker and the recipient of my call could hear me only if I shouted at the mic!
I have since returned and received a refund off the very good seller. I now use a Plantronics Voyageur earpiece: it's a compromise because I did not want to use an earpiece but it's wonderful to have something that works well.