Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now

on 8 August 2012
The information given about this cover does NOT give a rucksack size (normally quoted in litres). I guessed it would fit my old (no longer waterproof) "Karrimor Hot Ice" (c 35 litres, from memory). It is pushing it a bit... I reckon it would fit well on 30 litres or less?

The elastic straps are a bit awkward - the bottom one clashes with a wide hipbelt.

Reasonable value for money... but size DOES matter...
on 6 January 2012
I am glad I went down the route of buying a high vis vest but I forgot that much of the back is covered when cycling with a backpack. This cover is easy to put on, and looks even more visible than my high vis vest. It's also waterproof!
A good price for very useful safety item. Delivery time was excellent.
on 6 January 2012
I have a good size rucksack, which I carry helmet, (not when cycling), laptop, books, lunch and waterproofs in and this backpack cover is sufficient to cover it. The elastic nature of of the cover holds the cover beneath the bag at the bottom but the pop-studded straps at bottom are not long enough to go around the bag at the bottom. However, the straps at the top do hold cover on when weaved beneath the bags straps. Pocket is also useful for dropping a reflective light into.
on 17 December 2012
This is a poor substitute for the HUMP - it is not big enough for a 25L backpack and the straps that hold it on have very poor fastenings that constantly un-pop. It's cheap but that is it.

I wish I'd paid a little more and got a better one.
on 16 February 2012
Just bought this as an extra visability aid. As other people have said we wear hi vis clothing only to hide it with a dark backpack. This cover not only eliminates the black mass on your back but also makes you visable on dark morninigs and evenings.

I do not know how water proof it is and I will comment further should I find it to be lacking in that department.

On first impressions it is well worth the money and if it helps you to be seen it cannot be faulted. (I will give 5 stars when I have checked the water proofing)

I said i would let you know how the water proofing was when I had tested. This morning I cyclerd in steady rain and the cover performed well the only water ingress was at the very top of my rucksack, I think the reason for this is that I use a 30ltr bag which is on the limit for this cover having said that the water did not get into the bag.

August: This product is now going in the bin as the press studs have pulled through the fabric (hence the re rating of the product) rendering the cover useless as it cannot be fastened to my backpack. enerall an OK product but the fastenings need some attention.
on 12 December 2011
Fits my 25L pack nicely - definite stretching room. No velcro but one button for each strap - really nice as velcro often comes loose or wears with time.

Well worth the price. Don't be fooled by the branded alternatives at 5 times the cost.

EDIT:
I bought this when it was about £5. Seems the positive reviews have put the prices up... Not to mention changed the colours from solid yellow to hideous orange!
on 17 August 2012
I bought this for my son who argues all the time about wearing a hi vis vest when cycling. It's shwoerproof nylon material, its not rubberised so I doubt if its waterproof. It covered a standard school rucksack (20-25 liters?), however if the rucksack if full with little or no give in it, the fitting is tight - i.e just about covers the rucksack.
Cover is held on by two elasticated belts that go around the rucksack and pop studs are the connectors.
Wasn't very expensive so was a low risk gamble. If he contines to use the bike is the darker wintery days I may invest in something more expensive.
Anyway, son is happy with and is using it it so mission accomplished!
PS It would be useful if all suppliers stated the size of rucksack the covers were intended for.
on 24 September 2012
I bought this cover to improve the visibility of my black Backpack that I use for cycling.

I have been very disapointed with it, it fastens with two elasticated cords that use pop studs to fasten, the pop studs are very loose a slight tug and they will open. If I completely fill my backpack then just the added bulk of the backpack will cause the fastenings to open while I am cycling.

I do not leave reviews very often, but had to in this instance as for me this is quite unusable. I could well be that my backpack is larger than average and that a person with a smaller backpack would not have such problems.
on 3 March 2014
Bought this item for my husband for when he cycles to work. He has not really had it that long and it started to fray, it is now starting to rip. In the future I will stay away from items like this and buy a brightly coloured back pack instead.
on 16 July 2013
I've got a new bike that has a front basket, but no room for a rear rack, so I use a rucksack to go to work. This is excellent for keeping me visible, and keeps my stuff dry, and I like having a light in the mesh pocket for gloomier evenings. It just works.