Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 13 October 2012
I have been watching this series since I bought the first series. As the plots has unwound and characters come and go I have played a guessing game. I guessed that it was based on Hamlet when I watched the second series. I thought the third series was brilliant, and the way it ended was amazing. I finally got the fourth series and what a grim dark series it is too. I also guess some of the events that would happen in this latest series. Finally a massive corner is being turned and some of the players are being revealed for what they are (excuse me for being vague, but I won't spoil it for new fans). Unfortunately I did google the fifth season and stupidly found out some new events. So now I have to wait patiently for the next season's DVD to come out. If you're reading this and are new to it all get the first season before you watch this new season release. The SOA is not a story where you can watch a season in isolation. From the first series to date you watch as the main players play out the grand main theme, the death of Jax's father, John Teller. The lie that sits at the heart of the club may be the end of Jax. Sutter has mentioned that there will be seven seasons, I really hope it lasts that long and all finally is resolved.
on 11 January 2012
Sons of Anarchy is an outstanding show and one that I always look forward to watching.

I've been privileged to see Season 4 from the USA, and Season 4 is a return to form (from Season 3). The show opens with the MC heading in a new direction with new villains, friends and sub-plots. The speed with which the plot develops is rapid and we learn more about each of the characters we've come to love.

The season opens with Jax, Clay, et al being released from prison after serving their time. Upon their return to Charming they're greeted by a New Sheriff and learn of Jacob Hale's plans to build real estate in the picturesque Californian town. At the heart of the season is a tension between Jax and Clay about the future direction of the club. Clay know's his time is coming to an end, as health is deteriorating and he wants to make as much money as possible, whereas Jax has a loyalty to the club his father founded and the other members. Once again kudos to Hunnam and Perlman for their acting chops as they sell every scene they share together.

There is of course heartbreak along the way for many of our most beloved characters so be prepared to have a tissue or two at hand as we say goodbye to some of our favourite characters. The main theme of the season is honesty and being truthful to those that are closest to us. John Teller's (JT) letters (which you may recall Tara began to read in the final scenes of Season 3) is the catalyst for some outstanding drama within Season 4. As you can probably imagine there

Along the way we learn what really happened to JT and how he really died as well as finding out how the MC adjust to life back on the outside when the rules of the game have changed somewhat. This all builds to a brutal, honest and ultimately satisfying conclusion of season 4. Be warned there is a major surprise in the final episode of the season (which I didn't see coming) and initially I wasn't keen on as well as several other fans, but the more you relfect upon this, the more you anticipate and look forward to Season 5.

Season 5 heads in a completly new direction which is one of the strengths of the show. It's always fresh, always interesting and never boring. SOA we salute you and look forward to your return in 2012.
11 Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2017
Loved all of series. Well written well acted
on 23 June 2017
Great series
on 18 March 2017
Excellent series
on 29 March 2017
Very quick arrival it came like new you can trust this company love sons of anarchy going to bye them all can't wait for season 5 to come just ordered it a few days ago
on 20 May 2017
Expected damage disk for the price but great quality and great price
on 31 January 2015