Size: Printer With Start Up Toner|Change
Price:£90.90 - £249.99

We have several HP Pro 8000 printers which we have been very pleased with. HP do not make the 8000 anymore so we bought this one. Not pleased overall, we had to return 2 faulty printers before the 3rd one worked (returns process from Amazon faultless). The build quality is not as good as the 8000, ink cartridges are fiddly to install.
on 4 May 2014
I use this printer for business literature. It is fast and reliable and produces a good quality product. The printer is so good that I have just bought my second one, due to my mistake of buying non HP replacement cartridges and these messed up the print head. This was a false economy.

The original wireless network set up with my first 8100 on my Mac running Lion was faultless and really easy.

I have since 'upgraded' to Mavericks and the printer came with a disk that was too down-level to be recognised by the new operating system. Going through the HP online help was not helpful and it was frustrating. I eventually achieved the network set up using my son's laptop, operating Windows 7. Once the network was established through the Microsoft PC route, it was very easy to then set up the Apple computers.

So, if you have a PC in the house, the set up should be no problem. If you only have Apple computers running Mavericks (10.9.2), as of May 2014, then it will be a nightmare and you will be talking to representatives in online chats. This would have been my next step if the Microsoft option had not worked.

I would expect HP to be aware of new OSX operating systems and to have clear links and procedures for achieving seamless installations for those customers that use these reasonably popular systems.
on 21 April 2013
This printer was bought to replace a Canon Pixma ip4500. The Canon was getting on a bit and needed a new set of inks - I got the HP 8100 for £50 (after £15 cash-back)from Viking.
Set up was fairly straight forward. I've got it connected to my home network via Ethernet, with 2 laptops and a PC able to print to it without problems.
So, a new printer for little more than the cost of replacing the ink on the Canon. Happy, I thought...

However - the Canon is much better for photo printing. The HP 8100's photo prints look grainy by comparison. Quite a disappointment, as my usage is 50%/50% documents/photos. A comparison of the printers' specs. shows why - the Canon can do a huge 9600 x 2400 dpi, the HP 4800 x 1200 (half the resolution. I'm kicking myself that I didn't check this.
The HP 8100 is also 30% bigger than the Canon ip4500 - quite bulky.

Oh well, I'll keep the HP 8100 until it runs out of ink..and then buy a Canon!
on 3 September 2013
Just pluged it in loaded software, and it set up the wifi connection itself. Great printer, pretty fast, only draw back
on 31 January 2014
This is a great printer for the money. We don't use it a great deal, but every time we switch it on the print is good. Never had issues with drying ink on the nozzles. The wireless printing is great too. Very easy to set up all the lap tops and PC to wireless print.
on 15 April 2015
I bought this printer only recently after reading that it had more plus reviews than negatives, but as it's still a new printer I can only relate to it so far, which hasn't been very good...hence 3 stars.The first thing I found not that good was the instructions which I would describe as basic...more foreign than English...and it doesn't come with a compartment where you can print single copies of docs,photos which I half expected...Nevermind,when I eventually had it it up and running after a bit of a faff I needed to buy new ink,and as we all know printer ink is more dearer than champagne, so I sent away for some compatible ink cartridges...This printer just doesn't recognize them at all even tho' the ink cartridges are the correct numbers etc., So as I write I can't print anything from my computer,and it looks like unlike my last printer, I will just have to purchase HP brand ink...
on 9 August 2013
This is a nice WiFi printer.It is reliable and is msde of good quality material.You can print wireless from any place in your house..or you can print through email that is given to you by HP , when you are on holidays! I highly reccomend it!
on 12 October 2014
Having had it for only a couple of weeks and not being a prolific printer, it hasn't had a lot of use so, although it's working fine USB and home network) now, I'm not going to give it more than 3 stars. ask me again in a year's time. The web services are not working, but I've not spent any time investigating why, no hurry as far as I'm concerned.
on 9 March 2013
best printer I've had in many a year. Bit on large side but excellent performance and good quality printing. Shame about the extortionate price of inks!
on 7 May 2013
Everything I expected from details supplied by HP and reviews I read before purchase.
This printer works fine with no problems, and I use Linux.