on 13 April 2017
This continuing story of Wideacre, the Laceys' and a village, draw the reader into a past world of love, corrupted power, madness but with the enduring survival of the human spirit. Looking forward to reading the concluding part of the triology.
on 25 June 2017
I really loved this book. I heard Philippa Gregory interviewed on the radio talking about the re-release of the Wideacre trilogy so thought I would give it a go. Her style of writing is lovely and I found myself thinking about the characters and longing to get back to read more. I've just started the third book in the trilogy and that is promising to be just as good. I would definitely recommend these books.
on 23 June 2017
I have only read about a third of the book and have found it quite frustrating so far. I have found it very slow going and I am hoping that it will pick up soon.
on 2 April 2017
Just finished this book. Every page is so gripping it was hard to put it down. The Lacey family have a lot to answer for. Julia tries to right the wrongs of her ancestors but Richard has other plans. Can the village and people ever thrive again?
on 24 August 2017
This is the second book in a trilogy. They are all well written and difficult to put down. Philippa Gregory is a historical writer and this is no exception. The story is set in the 1700's. It has nothing to do with royalty like her other novels but deals with life from the gentry down to the gypsies of that era. I can recommend the series wholeheartedly. Wideacre. The Favoured Child and Meridon.
on 8 September 2016
I love this series of books. I read the first one, Wideacre, on holiday and it was so good that I had to buy the rest of the series!! They are very different to previous Phillippa Gregory books I have read before and they are darkly compelling. They have been responsible for too many late nights because I just need to read 'a few more pages' 😀
on 23 June 2017
I suspect I've come late to the trilogy but I really liked the spunky female heroines and the mix of a bit of sex, relationships, history and mystery, kept me going well on my kindle on long haul flights- made a change from movies!
on 13 May 2017
Great writer well worth a read
on 26 July 2017
My husband enjoyed this book, I haven't read it yet.
on 18 August 2017
Fantastic book and very good condition for a second hand item.