Customer reviews

on 30 August 2017
Great documentary film just the DVD does not work on a uk DVD player if you can get it to work on this aye will buy the DVD again cheers guys
on 4 February 2015
Amazing story!! Really recomend to people who love lions.
on 13 March 2012
This is an amazing piece of filming that follows one female lion who is left with 3 cubs to raise alone after the death of her mate by other males fighting for their territory. Pushed into an unfamiliar place in order to survive, her journey is heartbreaking, courageous, sad, and hopeful all rolled into one. Both her and her cubs suffer so much throughout the film and it did make me cry in parts.

Jeremy Irons did a wonderful job in narrating and his voice and words will cause shivers down your spine. One of the facts stated in the film is that 50 years ago there were 450,000 lions in Africa, now there are 20,000, a sad reality of what humans bring upon the world. We are the only ones who can change the destruction in our priceless wildlife, and I really urge everyone to watch this spectacular film.
on 20 November 2013
The Last Lions is a heart breaking, beautiful and fascinating film that haunts me.
As you follow a lioness struggle to keep herself and her cubs alive you cant help but be moved by her determination and strength. It is beautifully shot and I did shed a few tears.
on 21 January 2014
A very good DVD. Very sad though, as you see a lioness struggling to bring up 3 cubs after her male mate is killed by opposing lions. It is very well shot and had me gripped. The only down point is that this is only available on region 1, fortunately I have a multi region DVD player and a TV that converts NTSC to PAL, so if you don't have this to buy it as the disc won't play. If you do, then buy it, it is worth it. Come on Amazon release it on UK region 2, so people can see this. Very sad that in 50 years the number of lions has gone down from 450,000 to just 20,000. We need to start saving these big cats before they become extinct.....
on 25 November 2012
The photography is astounding (how long did those guys wait for those shots?), the drama is captivating. The turnaround of the buff attacking the lions is wonderful, but then........................
Amazon needs a six star rating for dvds like this.
on 18 April 2012
This has to be the best wild life documentary I've ever seen The only thing I didn't like is, it's a region A blu-ray which means you can't play it on a normal blu-ray player, I loved it that much that I bought a region free blu-ray player just to play this dvd Believe me you won't be disappointed
on 29 December 2014
Loved this when I watched it on the discovery channel which is why I ordered it so I could watch it again.. wonderful documentary !! Would highly recommend if your into watching this sort of thing..
on 7 January 2015
This must be watched! Really tear jerker! Tissue at the ready
on 29 April 2015