on 26 March 2014
SO, I rarely leave reviews for anything but:

a) The Bike lock is good, solid, I did need to buy a different holder for it after seeing all the other notices on here, but I have been using it since Jan 2013 and the bike feels safe with it. Yes it's very heavey but of course it is. However, no-one to my knowledge has even tried to tamper with it while I have had it.

b) MOST IMPORTANTLY For some strange reason, when I went to use the lock the other day to lock my bike up, the lock did not unlock, the key did not engage in the lock somehow so I could not separate the lock. Rendering it useless - luckily my bike wasn't locked to anything at the time! I pre sue this is a rare mechanical fault. I emailed Kryptonite customer services as it had been over a year since the purchase. I heard nothing back for 3 days and still haven't. THEN I called Tredz. I got a very friendly helpful person who said the lock is still covered by warranty and to send it back to them (they cover postage) and they will have it fixed or replaced. He was kind, helpful, courteous and the process seems very simple and straight forward.

When trying to buy stuff on Amazon you can spend ages comparing items, postage and packing etc, but rarely do you get to consider follow up care and customer service. Thank god I bought from Tredz because now this £55 lock will be replaced with the least hassle and I'm pretty sure that that wouldn't be happening now if I had bought from many other sellers.

I would suggest you go with these people and having looked on their actual company website (to find the contact details) I would consider buying more from them in the future and directly.

Good customer service is important and in this case it is saving me money and hassle.

All the best, fellow cyclists. And thank you Tredz

Felix
on 27 August 2016
This saved my bike. A thief tried to break it but failed. Bike and lock heavily scratched but at least still mine! Just a bit heavy to carry it around, solved by leaving it attached to the bike rack at work.
on 13 April 2017
Bought for my partner after his bike got stolen from the stiar that we live in. So far so good as his bike is still there. The only downside is the weight if you want to take it with you. But otherwise a great product.
on 16 March 2017
The key turns so easily and the keyhole is covered to protect from rain and dust. Love it! Heavy? Yes, but that's what makes it secure. I keep it in the bike basket, so don't care about fixing it to bike frame.
on 3 May 2017
perfect works like a charm. I feel i could leave my bike anywhere once locked with this baby in combination with the kryptoflex.
review image
on 23 May 2017
I purchased this with high hopes, it worked fine for the first week but then the lock started to stick. Finally yesterday I couldn't undo the lock at all. Took me 30
Minutes and taking cover off to work. Go for abus Instead.
on 18 June 2017
Great lock but doesnt click into holder properly
on 11 March 2017
great product. fast delivery.
on 19 September 2013
What can I say about this lock? Well I still have a bike . . . . I now also have a hernia from carrying it in a rucksack. As previous reviewers have mentioned the bracket it is supplied with is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. However I knew this was the case before buying and I was prepared for carrying it the 8 miles to work and back each day. I knew it would be heavy but seriously? It also doubles up as a sweet kosh that you can use to bust the head of any would be scally caught in the act of attempted pilfering. (Obviously only if they are on your own property, If they are not still hit them but be prepared to drag them back until you are).

I live in a nice area but there have been 5 bikes stolen in the last 2 months. Mine is the most expensive bike and has remained untouched. This lock is that good, Actually it's too good as the accusing looks I now receive would testify to, alas I do not care they should have spent the extra money and bought a decent lock. Don't make the same mistake as my neighbours.
on 19 May 2015
I was looking for a lock to secure my bike at work and after a ton of research I came to the conclusion that the Kryptonite New York was one of the best on the market. Yes it's heavy at 2kg but it's thick and strong and that's exactly what you need in a good lock. I can guarantee it will scare away anybody looking to steal a bike!

On a side note, I understand many people have had issues with the keys yet I fail to see how anything can go wrong. With the key inserted the lock twists with such ease that there is no force needed. Plus you receive three keys (one with a built in light and two smaller single keys, all strongly made and well-finished) so you'll always have a replacement if you happen to lose one.

I would highly recommend this lock to anybody who is looking to buy one.
review image