on 19 November 2017
This thing is the bees knees. Its a very good price for a Gold rated secure standard lock and the fact that it has been 'gold rated' by these standards speaks volumes really. It's a pretty heavy thing which is both a positive and a negative. Obviously on a bike you want to minimise the weight, but at the same time you don't want a flimsy lock and this certainly feels sturdy.

It comes with three keys, one of which has a light in it. It has a nice rubber casing too and that helps to reduce/prevent damage to your bike frame when locking it up.Also included is the Kryptonite 'warranty', although this is a massive faff to claim and you are supposed to take a picture of your bike every time you lock it as proof, which I think is not really going to happen.

The only thing stopping me giving this 5 stars is the mounting bracket. It works fine, is slightly fiddly to put on but nothing too hard - but it just seems like a very strange piece of engineering to me. I much prefer the mounting method used by other D-Locks, such as Abus, where you simply slot the lock into a holster. The way that this lock mounts means you really have to think about where you are putting it and also will mean that it won't work on bikes with smaller frames.
on 19 August 2016
Am really happy with this. Living in London, I needed a strong bike lock and this does the job perfectly. The bracket was easy to fit to the bike and the lock is easy to fit and remove. The only thing that stops me giving it five stars is the weight. It is quite heavy so adds weight to the bike but I'm not racing anywhere so not a big deal for me. Good product and would recommend.
on 4 July 2017
Seems good, hasn't been tested against a thief, but it feels sturdy and is well rated. Compact, and easily attached to the bike for carriage. Can be a little limiting when it comes to securing the bike to wider posts/railings, but can usually manage.

One of the keys is a little awkward to get working, but it comes with 3 keys so it's not really a problem. The rest work fine.
on 20 June 2017
Great lock, can't speak of its security, nobody has tried to steal my bike yet (not that I know of!). It would have five stars if there was a way of making it slightly lighter, it is very noticeable when this is not attached to my bike frame or is not being carried in my backpack. But I guess it's weight is what makes it so secure.
on 9 November 2015
Really well made and worth the price. Used on my motorbike and the quality is far better than some on offer from Squire which are knocked out in China and no way as well made as this model as I have both to compare with. The key cross section would be very difficult to copy but them the professionals would use a portable battery powered angle grinder on the shank. This is as good as it gets without throwing your money away.
on 14 July 2016
Very good lock, unfortunately after the first day of use I've lost the small metal parts on the lock that allow the lock to be mounted to the bike ... It cost me a lot just to buy this little metal piece again ... As you do not have the choice to buy a whole pack with all the parts to mount the lock on a bike !
on 20 July 2016
I've used kryptonite locks for about 8 years now so I know that they're good quality and secure against any but the most determined thief. When I bought this for my wife's bike at the same price I paid for it 8 years ago and discovered that the quality was even better I wanted to write write a review to let you know it's well worth the money but it is heavy. Comes with three keys including one with the little LED light.
on 18 September 2017
Very strong lock and bit heavy but I brought for wife bike and comes with 3 keys and mounting bracket
Would recommend this lock has very good lock and not easy to break or damaged
on 18 September 2017
Solid lock, got it together with the Kryptoflex cable. Feel like my bike is more secure now, i was kinda nervous before, using my old cable lock. Not sure about the locking mechanism complaints here, have had it since April 2017, used it a lot of times and it never got jammed, haven't had a single problem opening or closing it. Also registered for the insurance online, but hope i'll never have to use it!
on 31 May 2017
Excellent. Amazing qualitu. Very heavy seems very secure I love it best lock ever. Would buy again if needed. I feel like this lock combined with my armored lock and the extended kryptonite lick make Mt bike much more secure.