Customer reviews

Size: Large|Change

on 15 September 2013
This are great to get leverage on big dog's claws. I have a Great Dane with very thick claws and these worked quickly and efficiently, dog was hardly aware what I was doing.
on 13 May 2013
This is very good. The price is brilliant and is very strong especially for large animals. Came on time. There is a also a way you can limit the amount of nail you cut so you don't actually go too far in hitting the quick.
11 Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 June 2015
I have an Alaskan Malamute & a Northern Inuit, they both have pretty thick nails so it’s important that I use clippers that are up to the job, smaller/cheaper clippers can cause crush damage to the nails, but these are big & sharp and give a good clean cut without damaging the nails.

The grips are big and well padded so they are comfortable to hold, blades are sharp and the hole is big enough to get the biggest nails through, and the guard prevents cutting off too much at one time.

These are superb quality, in fact they are better than I expected.
on 30 July 2017
I bought these (the small pair) for my two new kittens Teddy and Biscuit and they're perfect! They're a nice small size for kittens and will probably work for older cats too. They're really well made and feel strong. They have a locking clip on the right side that you can slide up and down to lock/release the lock and there is also a guard on the back of the blades which is great so you don't put the claws in from the wrong side and also it helps to prevent you cutting off to much of the nail. The blade is really sharp and it cuts through the nail so easily.
I found it easiest to cut my kittens nails when they were sleeping and massaging their little paws a before doing it helped them relax then just place you thumb on top of their paw and finger on the bottom of the paw pad with the claw you want to cut and then push down with your thumb, the claw should then come out and it will be easy to cut. There are also loads of videos on youtube that will show you how to do it which will help a lot :)
These are also excellent value!
on 21 October 2016
First time I cut both my dogs nails, usually with the male dog it takes 3 people and a muzzle! He is 7 and weighs 41bs and is tiny, I had no fuss what so ever and they did the job, really pleased with this product
on 18 October 2013
Considering the price these clippers are really good. The stop really helps. You can't really cut too much. It helps especially as my dogs have dark nails
on 6 June 2017
used professionally in a busy dog grooming salon these clippers hold up great compared to some clippers worth £10+
day after day they perform well on small/thin and large/thick nails
they don't snag or bend the nails when clipping and leave a smooth cut unlike some that leave the nail jagged and sharp
I've had and used these for the best part of a year and there's no sign of them blunting
on 19 July 2014
Excellent clippers, worked really well on my one year old Irish Terrier.
They seem well made for the price and are very sharp.
I followed the advice to soften the nails first with olive oil which I am sure helped.
Seem similar to other pairs costing more on this site.
on 17 May 2017
High quality and do the job well.

There is a metal guide to help you stop cutting the claws too short. Unfortunately, the guide gets in the way - and has no use if you already know how to cut claws properly. I haven't tried to remove it yet, but that may be an option
on 16 February 2017
I have a minuature Jack Russell and these trimmed his nails very well. They're strong and comfortable to hold. The quard is a good feature as it stops you from cutting too much off at a time, which is really good as you don't want to accidentally nip the quick. I'm glad I brought a these :)