on 13 April 2017
Great
on 8 April 2016
I would ask for a return and refund, but this is not an option Amazon seems to offer after buying only two months ago. Neither could I find an option on my order to contact the seller, Amazon EU SARL to raise this with them.

Compared with an original Bose cable for which this is claimed to be a genuine spare:

- cable is thinner
- plug does not have Bose stamped into it
- wobbly fit gives left or right hand channel, but not both at the same time

Amazon claims it only supplies genuine Bose. Me, I'm heading to the High Street to try before I buy from a bricks and mortar Bose retailer (like the headphones themselves) and would advise anyone else considering this item to, too. Amazon's returns limit seems ludicrously short - so short I find it difficult to see how it complies with the Consumer Rights Act, 2015. I've bought a huge amount from Amazon but will think very carefully about doing so again. A couple of ££ and I'll take a chance, but for a tenner and up we all deserve better, especially when the claim is 'genuine Bose'. I'll happily review again should Amazon's customer service contact me about a refund, but so far I haven't found an obvious way to ask them from my order summary.
on 24 February 2013
I won't return because it's just not worth it for me.
I plug in the pc and I get a constant noise in the background.
on 4 May 2016
OK, so it's a Bose cable & it's not going to be cheap, but this is worth it in my opinion. I have a pair of Bose True Sound and QC25 headphones which means they are supplied with the 4 ring TRRS 3.5mm / 2.5mm jack / cable. This is ok for most devices, but if you have something like a portable DAB radio, many of the makes for sale on Amazon have the older 3 ring TRS type connection. This means that the TRRS type wont fit in very well, but as the TRRS is mainly for phones etc that have the button on the cable, the 4th ring isn't needed for the actual headphones themselves since it is used for the control of the device and not the headphones. Therefore if you are looking for a TRRS to TRS adapter & can't find one (or a decent one), use this, it will easily do the job.
on 16 February 2014
Brought my headphones back to working order! The only complaint that I might have would be the fact that the cable itself isn't very durable - I've had to replace it quite a few times now..
on 7 September 2012
Not sure what image the previous reviewer saw but I'm seeing a simple, black, replacement headphone cable for a pair of Bose OE2 hadphones and that's exactly what I got. I'm not 100% convinced that it's an official Bose cable (whatever that actually means) because it feels ever so slightly shinier than the one that came with my headphones but it works perfectly, sounds fine and is half the price of ordering one from Bose (due to free postage) so seems like a good deal to me.
on 12 June 2014
Bought this as new puppy chewed original but the sound only came through one ear. Note sure where to take this!
on 14 February 2013
reasonable price for a Bose part, got it as a spare. seems the same as the one that came with the headphones
on 20 January 2016
Does what it is supposed to do but this is my third one in 5 years. It is almost as if they are designed to break each year or so and for £20 it's a bit pricey too.

The cable - which is generally only available online - costs about £10 but despite how light it is costs another £5 minimum for postage.

Pro: Works Cons: Expensive
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2014
Bought these for my QC3s, they fit on the jacks on each end but imeediately causes the power on the headphones to cut out for some reason whenever I try to connect both ends. I can only assume it was defective because I bought a different replacement cable elsewher (non original Bose) and they work absolutely fine.