Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£14.24

on 11 May 2017
I never heard of G. K. Chesterton until I began reading C. S. Lewis and decided to read Orthodoxy. It was a very persuasive and well-written book, transforming the way I thought about things. I decided to read his essays, which seem to be what he is most respected for and I understand why now. Though contrived at points, his writing is deeply romantic e.g. he talks about trees sweeping away the cob webs of the sky. He even writes convincingly about the beauty of the human skeleton and how we wrongly attach horror to things without really thinking about them. The essay on Mary Queen of Scots was very interesting, especially to hear it from a Catholic's perspective. There's something for everyone in here and I thoroughly recommend buying a copy.
on 16 May 2017
I'd heard of G.K. Chesterton, of course, but had never actually read him. It was Ravi Zacharias's respect for him that led me to buy this book. I'm happy that I did. G.K. Chesterton's humour, brilliant wit, his faith in life and creativity are inspiring and cheering.
on 4 July 2016
great present for husband
on 27 August 2013
For any one who cares about GKC, this is essential reading. Increasingly one realises he was a prophetic voice and one of the greatest writers of the C20th.
on 12 January 2015
I am a relative newcomer to Chesterton. He is someone you have heard about but how often have we actually read the work of the people we quote? This is a wonderful insight into the man, his extraordinary intelligence and gentleness in particular. So many of his essays have a contemporary feel. His essay topics cover vast ground, often unusual but always engaging. In 5 mins you can read an essay, find your mind stretched and your heart lifted. Astonishing when an essay topic can be a piece of chalk.
on 22 January 2017
This tells you everything you need to know bout Chesterton's life and theories. Simply wonderful writing