on 3 March 2017
Recommended. Neat and simple. Easy use.
on 26 March 2013
You can NOT convert DVI-D to VGA us a passive converter, DVI-D is purely didgital and missing the pins for VGA you would need an active converter to convert DVI-D to VGA!!
on 24 January 2013
These adapters do not work as an adapter to connect a computer DVI-D graphics card to a VGA monitor.

I have tried every variation and they do not work on a Computer Graphics DVI-D to a VGA Monitor socket using a VGA cable.

Earlier DVI-? adapters apparently work but not a DVI-D.
on 21 April 2012
Well built adaptor but it does not work with Mac Pro' s (Early 2009) DVI-D connection. I do not know if it is a setting but when I used a mini display to VGA adapter it worked perfectly. Fortunately I had this option, otherwise I would not be able to boot up my computer.
on 1 October 2012
As said by other reviewers, this adaptor only works if you have a digital rather than analog VGA monitor.

Does NOT work for majority of old-style monitors.

Probably nothing wrong with converter but selling page is very misleading.
on 10 July 2014
I purchaced this item despite the reviews and it was a mistake on my part.
Your monitor will not be recognised or function. Don't waste your time.
on 28 October 2013
If you want an adapter to connect a DVI-D port from your graphics card to a VGA monitor then this is NOT the product for me or you.

It turns out you will need a more complex converter box (as someone else pointed out I think, I should read the other reviews).

Three stars as although I'm sure the adapter would work for the correct application, the product description doesn't provide enough information to tell exactly what that might be.
on 1 November 2013
I read the reviews. the people saying it doesnt work. I thought perhaps it might work on my system, It doesnt. I have an LCD Monitor that's about 8 years old. It has the right number of pins, it fits in the port, but it does not do what its supposed to. Save yourself the time and money and just get one where most of the reviews say it works, and not buy a cheap bit of rubbish and hope for the best.
on 24 August 2012
This product doesn't work and I have since learned that it can't ever work - the conversion needs rather more than this gadget provides.
on 27 May 2014
The customer support was very good.
When the first item did not arrive another was promptly dispatched.

Unfortunately the adaptor did not work at all with my graphics card.
The customer support says they've had problems with Radeon and HP graphics cards, so if that applies you, this product is not for you.