on 23 February 2015
I bought this for my wife as an xmas present, as we watch our son play football at weekends and she suffers terribly with back pains/aches from standing in cold weather. The product was ordered with an additional core pack so she can rotate them around. She duly tried it, and it was an instant hit.. so much so, that some of the other parents have also purchased them from Amazon. The core is a microwavable gel pack with clear instructions for use supplied and also imprinted on the outer of the gel pack. Once microwaved, the pack is inserted in the sleeve and is then wrapped around your waist, via Velcro . Sizing is generous, with it fitting up to 42" waist as standard and a Velcro extension supplied free in the box. The heat lasts for several hours and is really targeted - My wife has been raving about it and it certainly has helped to alleviate her back issues in a non-medicinal way. Highly recommended and a great price for a quality item.
on 21 May 2017
This is one of my favourite things right now! I use it on my knee too when required.
on 27 March 2017
Bought for my sister for Xmas - loves it for her bad back!
on 23 April 2015
Sooooo useful for easing lower back pain due to arthritis! Only down side is that the closure points aren`t quite long enough to sit it on the hips to get the heat where it is needed, & I am only a UK 12! Problem solved by getting some extra Velcro to give the added inches.
on 30 November 2011
This review is based on the tartan version of this, which is presumably the same size.

I have 2 disks out in my lower back.

I have never been able to get comfy with a hot water bottle (that hard neck!) and was always afraid of leaning back on the squishy bit (and gettling skalding water over me).

I had tried the wheat bags you get now, but they are awkward to use unless you lie on your face and put it on your back, and too hard to sit back against.

This product contains 'water absorbed on to a medical grade nonwoven pad' and is a lot softer than a wheat bag, and is flat enough to be able to put behind your back when you're sitting.

The only drawback of the product is that it is not designed for fatties like me. The flaps that are supposed to fold around your waist to close at the front are far too short. As a compromise, there is a piece of elastic with a bit of velcro at each end to use as an extender.

Unfortunately, with my disks out so low I wanted to put it around my hips, but no hope!

I've done a rough measure, and the flaps will do if you have 38" (95cm) waist or less, and the elastic will give an extra couple of inches (5 cm) to play with.

So if you're within the waist range this is a superb product. If you're not I would recommend their microwave hot water bottle instead, as I find the heat pad a lot more comfortable than water filled bottles or wheat.
on 6 November 2012
My Hottie is fab! 2 minutes in the microwave for a good few hours of glorious heat! Great for tummy pain also as you just attach the velcro strap around your back instead!
I wore my hottie to the fireworks display on Saturday night and felt toastie warm the whole time. Goes under your clothes discreetly so keeps you warm when out and about also. A fab product! Bought one for my friend for her birthday as she suffers from back pain - a really useful and helpful gift.
on 24 February 2013
Both being cold and suffering from lower back pain, this is the perfect solution. My microwave is small so I remove the heat pack to heat it...mine needs 2 mins 50 secs in my microwave. Just increase the amount you heat it for in small increments until you know your optimum time.

It keeps warm for longer than a wheat back...it doesn't smell and is held securely and comfortably in place by the Velcro belt. Useful for car journeys in a cold car. Have even worn it to dinner parties in cold houses! You can move around easily wearing it. Wouldn't be without it. Had it for a few months now.
on 24 January 2013
Purchased for a relative who suffers from painful spinal degeneration with the hope that it would ease their discomfort. They have only used it a few times but report that they find it much easier to cope with the condition using this backwrap - it is providing quite a bit of relief and they feel "warm and secure'' when using it.
on 20 February 2013
Contains a kind of gel heat pack, which heats up quickly in microwave and stays warm for a good while, soft and comfortable wrap to place it in. I wear it arround my hips / lower back, which measures arround 42 inch over clothes, I need to use the little extension peice that came with it, but it fits great with room to spare. Very soothing and releiving for my lower back ache. It is a little heavy so would only use it when resting. Overall, very pleased with it and the seller.
on 27 September 2013
We are on our 3rd backwrap, because we wear them out with daily use rather than anything else. The wrap is particularly handy when moving around or sitting in areas where it is not easy to plug in an electric pad. Just be careful not to overheat. You can also buy replacement pads which is a good idea but I didn't realise until after I bought wrap.