on 1 May 2012
I bought two barbie dolls for my twin daughters. Both of my daughters loved the dolls and played with them a lot. Excellent present. My girls rated the product above.
on 11 June 2012
Barbie arrived very quickly after ordering. After reading other reviews, I was very careful when taking her out of her packaging to avoid cutting anything I shouldn't (like the surf board cord). Once I showed my 5 year old how to set up either the tail or the board, she was away. She still looks good after a long weekend's swimming and surfing! A great buy and I have just ordered another one for a friend's birthday. Recommended.
on 10 April 2012
I bought this for my 6 year old daughter for her birthday, 3 weeks later we are on our fourth one. On the first 3 dolls the foot came off after splitting all the way up the leg! The fourth doll which i took back this morning the leg broke off at the knee, my daughter is a very girly girl and very gentle while playing with things the doll is dreadful quality. I now have one upset little girl
on 2 April 2012
I bought this for my 6 year old girl but within an hour of her playing with it, her right leg broke off at the knee (the doll, not my daughter's). She was only trying to put the doll on the surf board. I now have a very upset little girl who was looking forward to playing with Merliah in the bath. I've tried gluing, but no joy so will see if my husband can fashion a false leg in the garage tonight, perhaps a wooden one she can store rum in?

Not impressed at all....shame on Mattel for creating such poor quality toys to disappoint young children.
on 11 March 2012
Hi was a little unhappy with this product, the string broke soon as my daughter started playing with it and just over all defertly not value for money. It was a birthday present and defertly a disappointment
on 1 April 2012
This looks great in the box. The second you take it out that tattoo comes off and its disappointing for the money. My little girl loves the movie and she does like this. Not as much as charm school Barbie or even the first mermaid Barbie. Wait for a major reduction.
on 7 January 2013
My 3 year old daughter received this as a christmas present this year and she was broken by new year. Her right leg fell off when my little girl did, as kids do and tried to bend it the wrong way (as her head was facing the wrong way). Very weak joints. (The barbies from the charity shop that we have had for 6 months are undamaged though so its not just that my daughter is heavy handed.)
on 7 January 2013
My granddaughter had a LOT of toys for Christmas, but this one seems to have been a huge hit. She has played and played with it, some of the other barbie's are still in the boxes. She loves the mermaid part, and I like that's its hard for her to loose the 'tail'. Other mermaid dolls seem to loose the fabric tail in the toy-box( or up the Hoover) .
on 3 May 2012
What more could a little girl want than a barbie? A barbie DVD!!! Just be careful cutting her out of the packet, they really want her secure in that box (maybe to stay away from Ken??); I accidentally snipped her tail strut. Luckily said little girl hasn't noticed, so all remains peaceful.
on 5 January 2013
I've given it plenty of stars because my G'daughters thinks it great. She's always got it with her and plays in the bath with it and sleeps with it. It makes me happy that I've bought her something that doesn't get forgot about. I thought it was a bit bright and blingy but she loves it.