on 17 April 2017
Great product for a great price walk into some high street stores and the official remote will cost a small fortune this product is just as good and at a fraction of the price, product arrived quickly and well packaged and still in use to this day a few years on, writing this now as i am buying another one for a family member just starting off and happy to see they are still for sale and would like others to know.
on 20 December 2012
I am thrilled with this item >>> at a fraction of the price of the Nikon equivalent you get a sturdy remote with decent cable (thickness and length)which does precisely what it is designed to do.

The large companies need to have a long hard look at themselves and decide if what they are offering is value for money because for this type of accessory third party manufacturers are delivering precisely what the customer wants. If the Nikon item had been just a little bit more expensive then I would have probably opted for it ... but the margin is immense (as with the cordless remote) and I am very pleased to have opted for this item.
on 20 August 2013
Used straight out of the box on my Nikon D5100 with no problems. Appears well made and comparable to Nikon original. Half press the button and it auto-focusses, full press and shutter is released. Haven't worked out the full forward push to keep the shutter open.for long exposure. The instructions are basic but not really needed. About 1 meter of cable. For just a few pounds this is well worth it.
3 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2013
If you bought one of these it's probably because your a keen amateur photographer like me. I bought it for Star Trails and to eliminate camera shake. Will arrive between 7-27 it arrived on the 7th great delivery well packaged. such simplistic instructions it is light yet has a good build quality feel to it, has a lock option and has a snug fir into the camera. I use it with my Nikon D90 I am to believe it works on all D models plugs into the GPS port. Very Happy with this purchase. Would advise anybody to get it.
on 10 January 2013
I'm relatively new to DSLR photography as I got my first one (Nikon D3200) at Xmas. I needed a remote shutter release for aquarium photography so I began looking at different ones.
I was even almost sold one just before Xmas by a local shop for £20 but decided to wait until I actually had the camera in my hand. Although the D3200 is not listed as a compatible model (I assume because it is quite new) I was sure that this MC-DC2 was compatible whilst looking at my camera specs.
I saw that there were two of these available, one with Nikon branded on it for £26 and this one. I decided to take a gamble purely because of the massive price difference.
Well, I couldn't be happier. Does it exactly what it says it does, connected beautifully straight out of the box, worked instantly and even has the ability to half depress the shutter for AF.
Quite simply a must have bit of kit at a fraction of the cost of the exact same product but with Nikon written on it.
Brilliant.
One person found this helpful
on 23 April 2018
Do the job as supposed to do. Good build quality ( for those price? c'mon ). I like it a lot :)
on 6 November 2015
Works with no problem at all, little struggle getting the lead back out of the camera but it's just being fussy about a minor thing. Saved me a few ££ anyway from having to purchase a Nikon one! I am an amateur photographer who is starting this exciting hobby, well worth it for a starter.
on 22 July 2013
Perfect for taking the shake out of my tripod photos. Mimicks the shutter release button remotely including autofocus and locking for long exposures. I did buy the IR version before realising that the D3100 does not have an IR reciever built in. This is by far the best alternative and at a shockingly low price.

Fast and free delivery.
on 11 March 2016
Brilliant for the the price. Wanted a way of photographing with a long exposure so didn't want to risk moving the camera when pressing the shutter release. Connected to my Nikon 3200 and worked perfectly. Auto focus using this product also worked well.
on 10 February 2013
Ok, so it's not wireless but this device for the money is fantastic. I've used it several times now and have had hours of fun with it. Setting the camera to bulb and using the lock on the remote you can hold the camera open indefinately, great for those night shots.

If you want to have a go at tripod / macro work and have a limited budget this item is perfect. Used with a Nikon D3100.