on 3 April 2013
Decided to change to a Sony phone and found this one after doing some research, saw reviews and was happy to buy it. Delivery was perfect, phone was good, good audio quality, good features, all worth the money. A few months later, the battery started to die quicker and quicker. Now the phone won't even turn on no matter how much I try and charge it. Never dropped or damaged it, real shame...
Got this as a replacement phone. Didn't want to get a smart phone as I have iPad and iPod touch, seemed unnecessary. Wasn't keen on the last PAYG smartphone I had from Vodafone as they tend to illegally charge for app useage past midnight regardless of your connection to wifi at home. Decided older mobile would ensure I wasn't being charged £40 a week in credit for apps I wasn't even using (Vodafone deny it of course and try to tell you that your wifi was down all night even if you were using it. No refunds. Wouldn't go with them again for smartphone but for regular mobiles it's decent).

As a phone this is average. It's not a replacement or a substitute for a Blackberry so don't bother if that's what you're after. This is for people who basically just need a phone, not a convenient way to keep in touch with everyone and everything. It's too awkward to use for that. Even at £35, this is still ridiculously overpriced for a phone this simple and inconvenient. Especially for a phone that is 4 years old.

Have to say it has very finicky keys, they are tiny and if you happen to have long nails (natural or acrylic) or rather large fingers then forget getting this. They keys are also horrendously set out even for a qwerty keyboard, the number keys aren't obvious and the 0 is next to the nine as opposed to being below the eight key which makes fast dialling awkward. The symbol keys are also awkward to reach in fast typing and take a bit of getting used to...and it isn't obvious how to use the optional letter/symbol on each key either at first glance. I have to say as someone with slight eyesight problem this is the worst phone I've owned as the keys themselves are so unobvious and the lettering is so faint it is hard to make out in normal daylight. In fact to make out the number keys you have to have the phone about three inches from your nose.

Call quality is average, the text screens are easy to read at least and the volume of call in both normal and speaker mode is loud enough at least. Doesn't have any good ringtones...just ten very naff ones and no professional or authentic rings. There isn't much to pick from in way of message tones or anything although with a micro sd card you can add your own.

The phone is nothing special but will do for the two text messages and one call I may get a week. Comes with 50p worth if credit on it, SIM card was activated and didn't need to register to top up which pleased me as I hate having to practically hand over all my info to a network just to use my own property (just so they can later sell it on or harass you). Really this is the only thing going for it. Not impressed but it will suffice.
on 9 February 2013
I like this phone, the qwerty keyboard is useful for sending messages, it takes good photo's and it is good on facebook, I've also used the bluetooth which worked well.
I find it slow and difficult on the web, but that maybe me, it's not an android so I can't really download much I haven't used the mp player but it works ok. Its inclined to jump a bit and keeps going to shortcuts when trying to do something, which is a bit annoying otherwise it works well.
on 12 May 2013
I could not use my native cellphone in England, I am an American who was over there on Holiday, so I bought this product from a small shop in London. It served my needs fairly well, and now I have brought it back home and am looking for a new service provider who will let it run and play in it's "back yard". The sound on it is quite clear, the creen is easy to read and see. It slips easily into my pockets. There was a slight learning curve on getting it to interact with my laptop, but it has finally done so successfully a few times. When I was able to use it as a phone, that is while in england, It did so quite well. it's speaker for mp3s is nice and loud and it's camera does pretty good pictures, for a phone. Now the down side. For a device named for it's text messaging ability, the qwerty keyboard is disappointingly small and tricky to see. particularly for a person who wears bifocals as I do, and who has medium sized hands. It does have wi-fi capability, and if you must go on line and have no other way, this is handy, but it is rediculously slow at doing that. It's Facebook app asks for online permission almost too often. And you'd think a twitter app would be a natural for it but it does not have one. That last bit is not really a compaint, just an observation. My particular english service provider was Labara on pay as you go, but I had a vodaphone card if id wanted one- but neither will work here in the states I think. Anyway, it came in handy and was a valuble peice of equipment to have and If you need a good phone this will do. my only other peeve is the buttons get pressed in one's pocket and sometimes this causes the phone to have software crashes, the only solution to which is to have battery out for a minute so as to reset it. but all in all, not a bad little gadget.
on 28 May 2013
I did not want a swipe screen phone. I enjoy the use of this phone although I wanted a colour - not black, white was the only option and sometimes in a lighted room it isn't so easy to see the keys.
on 31 December 2014
Hi there.Its no good to me at all I got this for my wife for xmas, she did not want a touch screen one so I got this one for her.The letters and numbers are far to small she and I can not see them properly.As this is sill in the box and has not been used if I sent it back would you consider a refund.Thank you John Dixon.
on 18 March 2013
Bought this for my son who trashed his blackberry within a few months. It does what he wants it to do and at a fraction of the cost. It takes a standard sim card so the change was easy
on 25 March 2013
Very happy with this product. Camera is very good on it. Radio also comes in handy when the electricity cuts out as it has done a few times with this bad weather.
on 7 August 2014
A brilliant phone does everything I need value for money
on 13 November 2015