Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(5 star). See all 100 reviews
on 6 January 2014
I bought this for my husband for Christmas 2011, mostly for use whilst he is mountain biking. It is the most popular present that I have ever bought for him. The quality of the picture is fantastic, even though he mostly cycles through forested areas and the light levels vary drastically between heavy wooded sections and clear mountain tops. The friends that he cycles with are impressed too and often ask himfor copies of rides that they've been on. He mainly uses the helmet mount,as when it is mounted on the handle bars it suffers from mud splashes. I offered to upgrade to the Hero 3 this year, but he was happy to stick with what he's got, much to the children's disgust. They thought this one would be coming their way.
on 15 January 2014
go pro what can i say - got everything right dont even miss not having a display screen - if you do any activity sport then this is for you went for this unit as it was on offer but has now been upgraded - took it snow mobiling in iceland and it worked superbly - could do with better editing software - the free stuss from the go pro site is not the best so come on guys if we buy the product give us the best software as well
on 28 May 2015
What a product! I've used this on my snowboarding holidays for the last 4 years now!
Great film footage best used with LCD screen to review film.
Had only one battery since I got it; very robust unit;
Will be upgrading soon to latest unit!!!

Only downside & I'm being really, really picky - menu system is very basic & doesn't work well in low light!
on 16 June 2012
This is a fantastic piece of kit for sports video making. The picture quality is excellent and the camera is relatively easy to use, however if you are used to a standard camcorder it can be a bit fiddly. But from what I have seen, it is a million miles better than its predecessor. There is one area which I think it about personal taste and that is the wide angle setting. I prefer the medium as the high is in my opinion, too wide and give a distorted fish eye view. But I might change my mind when on the mountains. It will get its main use next year skiing and am looking forward to the results very much.
on 2 April 2014
Buying the next version that comes out, but I've had this one for over a year now and its always been very reliable and the quality is also very good. So i'm certainly keeping it!

But be warned the battery life isn't 'fantastic', two hours is still pretty good but recording on hd won't last you a whole day. Still, its a very good piece of kit and lots of good accessories you can get
on 22 March 2014
This Go-Pro camera is awesome! It has already been put to great use outdoors and in the sea. Some fabulous footage. We are using it in our education centre with young people and they are totally enjoying the experience.
on 6 June 2016
Getting dated now but still in use despite being abused.
on 26 May 2014
What a thing!
Exceptional picture quality, amazing wide angle, easy to use, fun with the extras… good spy camera too. Lots of fun, especially in non-sports settings.
on 4 February 2013
The Gopro has by and large lived up to expectations. It is beautifully made and well packaged.
I find It easy to use now that I have added the LCD Backpack. The only thing I feel could be improved upon is the noise when used in the two narrow fields of view.
on 16 April 2013
Now that the gopro 3 is out, this is an excellent value for money camera. Still a great camera, just doesn't perform as well as the gopro 3 when it is dark. So if you use in daylight only then get this one...