on 2 June 2014
I felt that the basic concept of the book was good but unfortunately it failed to deliver a consistently strong enough storyline to realise it's full potential.
The author's style of writing made it confusing to follow as the book's narrtive was delivered by a myriad of characters throughout and was futher complicated by an everchanging timeline flitting between the past and the present. Given these complexities it often read like the script to a low budget spaghetti western.
There were parts of the book I really enjoyed but equally there were parts that made me cringe they were so bad . Unfortunately the further I got into the story the more of the latter there were and on this basis he whole potential of the book was seriously diluted to make it nothing more than a throw away beach read.
I would really need convincing that the author has really upped his game if I were to read anymore of his work.
on 28 October 2015
I took this on holiday but found it difficult to get into so I put it down and started another book. I have so far not had the motivation to pick it up again and wonder if I ever will.
on 30 January 2014
If i'm old fashioned, forgive me , but I found it all very confusing with the story split between past years and present! Story theme though was good and relates well to the current world and its politics; for a spine chilling moment, just a moment mind, I did shudder thinking about the results of the unfolded plot!!
on 17 December 2014
A very good read which makes you want to carry on with the story.
on 4 February 2014
This made quite a good novel but the shortness of the episodes and the complications is the plot made it somewhat difficult to put the whole story together.
on 3 August 2014
Thin plot and perhaps far fetched. Not my cup of tea.
on 15 December 2014
Pretty good thriller/spy novel. Took me a bit to get in the swing of it.
on 28 April 2015
Excellent book with a good twist
on 11 March 2015
Lots of twists and turns
on 8 December 2014
Good story with lots of detail concerning various aspects of information technology and how it can be manipulated to destroy hi tech operations.