on 6 January 2012
We'd played all but the last one previously but decided to buy this pack as it is designed to run on windows 7. I did have problems with loading it initially (it told me there was a file missing) but a very quick and very helpful email reply from the game makers helped me solve that.

There aren't that many of these types of game out there - most people theses days seeming to prefer the 'shoot 'em up' types, but I like how you have to figure things out. Really hope they will make another.
on 15 January 2012
I initially bought this game on the Wii and was immediately addicted to the game for the way it makes you think and become creative with a few random items in order to escape the enemy. I love the sometimes very risque narrative that works on two levels so it appeals to an adult without alerting the children!!. My only problem is we go through the games so quickly because it is so addictive and not because it is easy...because it isn't! I play with my teenage son and we combine knowledge to figure out the puzzles. Please make a hundred different games in this series.
on 9 February 2012
This is a must have for fans of the Broken Sword. I already owned the previous bundle pack and this is still worth the money playing through all 4 adventures again mainly 1 and 2 with the 'directors cut ' and 'remastered version', its unmissable collection and for the amount of hours and entertainment you will gain for the price its a no brainer. BUY BUY BUY
on 30 June 2012
The complete collection of this series of game at this price is a must have for any Broken Sword or puzzle/mystery fans! The first two are in my opinion timeless classics. Yes, they are very old but they have a certain charm about them and still play very well without feeling dated.

The third has a different take on the gameplay and we used an Xbox 360 controller to play this and was easy to play though took little getting used to, as it is very different from the first two games in the series. Me and my partner were both complaining to begin with that they had changed the style of gameplay but by the end of the game both agreed that we probably preferred to play this way.

The fourth installment in the series tries to merge the two gameplay styles together as you can move using the arrow keys (and maybe WASD, but unsure) but NOT using a controller. The game is certainly not the best of the series, and this is not a bad game it is just difficult for the game to live up to the high standards set by the previous installments!

Definitely one to have in your collection!
on 22 May 2012
Having played the first three games on Playstation, which I no longer have, I bought this four-game vesion for PC. Like a previous reviewer, I had a problem loading the game, but an email to Mastertronic brought a very fast reply and solution to the problem.
My disappointment lies with the fact that you can only play Broken Sword 3 - The Sleeping Dragon, using a keyboard. Having been used to PS controllers and PC mouse, I just cannot get to grips with the keyboard controls on this game. However, for people used to using this method, it will not be a problem.
Great games. I wish there were more of this type.
on 2 July 2012
I don't know what to say. This collection contains all 4 of the broken sword series (so far hopefully!). Broken sword 1 and two are, in my opinion, two of the finest games ever made. They are devilishly well written, and fun to play as well. The third and fourth I have not finished yet, and I bought the games weeks ago, so the playing time is very long. For the 3rd and 4th games, I feel that revolution software have deviated a little too much from the original style of the games, but they are still very well made, and fun to play, so in some ways, that doesn't matter.
on 10 July 2013
I remember playing the original over and over on the Ps1 back in the 90s (which seems so long ago!) and the game never gets old to me.

The point&click style of gameplay appears to be coming back a little with other PC similar style games being available. It can be a marmite game in that you will either like or loathe it. But Broken Sword (the first one in particular) is a great game to test to see if this is right for you. This PC game contains 3 other games in the series but in fairness the first is probably the best and worthy buying the others just to play that one.

The "directors cut" version adds additional content and puzzles to the game without changing it too much. (The opening monologue is different though for some reason)
You also get to see additional parts of the story in particular scenes involving Nico, the female character. Most of these are at the start.
But to cut to the chase most of the puzzles are not too impossible to solve whilst the story involving the Knights Templar keeps you second guessing as to what is next.

Overall, a worthy game to add to your PC collection.
on 5 September 2012
I bought the last in the series some time ago and could never get it to work on any PC in the house,so I was a little hesitant when I ordered the complete set through Amazon.
I was very surprised to find out that all the games on this disc worked perfectly, brilliant value for money.
on 13 November 2012
The price for what you get here is almost ridiculous. When games full of bugs, such as Skyrim or FIFA 13 cost 60euros, paying one fourth of that money will get you Broken Sword complete, which contains 4 entire games that define the adventure game genre. Even if you have played them before you can still find interest here, since both BS1 & BS2 have been remade (BS1 includes the director's cut scenes too). If you are an adventure game fan, you ought to have this; if you don't like adventure games...prepare to change your mind!
on 22 July 2013
Having been unable to play my old Broken Sword games on my last PC it is sheer joy to be able to once more enter the highly entertaining and amusing world of George Stobbart and Nico Collard his gorgeous girlfriend/partner. I am so pleased with this DVD
I just wish the many other old games, Zork etc, that I can no longer play could be remastered on to DVD's such as this. If you are a George Stobbart fan then buy it, all his adventures on one DVD, great value.