on 4 January 2013
hey there,
can someone tell me what kind of languages and subtitles are included in the 'ultimate edition' series?
thanks
on 17 June 2015
A truly great film. Entertaining for adults and children alike. In the future bound to be on the list of `films you must watch'.
on 8 July 2002
I had really been looking forward to owning my own copy of 'Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone' so that I could enjoy it again at my leisure. I always supposed the 'extras' on the DVD were there to enhance the product, but did not expect this to be at the expense of some of the film. The film has been subjected to some rather messy editing, with bits cut here and there so the film on DVD is not identical to that shown at the cinema. No doubt this is a fairly common occurrence with many film releases, however there is one unforgivable cut in this and I cannot understand why it was allowed. The scene towards the end of the movie, where Hermione correctly works out Snape's potion puzzler - set up as protection for the room containing the stone itself, has been cut. It therefore renders Dumbledore's award to her "for the cool use of logic" rather meaningless. It's great to have added extras, but please, please, please, NOT at the expense of the film!
on 1 November 2013
I still have an HD DVD player as in my view this is better quality than Blu-ray so am collecting the older movies on this format
on 19 April 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed by my 5 year old who watched it daily for over a week. Some bits are a little scary but it didn't put him off
on 28 July 2015
The DVD was received well within the time stated and was of perfect viewing quality. Boxed set in its own cover was unexpected.
on 6 June 2016
I had seen it before many years ago but felt like seeing it again and never disappoints me. Love the story line and the actors.
on 15 April 2013
If we did then it was good decision because the philosophers stone is the best of all of them. 5 stars for a first class film
on 14 April 2014
Having read the books, the movies are worth seeing but they seriously lack the depth of the books. Still, it was fun to watch.
on 4 September 2014