on 17 February 2014
I can't believe how the History Channel can re-package an already issued set of Disks, in another dressed up box set facade...set includes, Third Reich ( The Rise ), Third Reich (the Fall), I already bought this as its own Two Disk Box set, and the night of the long knives, already issued, so out of my so called 6 Disk Box set, I've already bought half the disks in other sets, so very dissappointed, I appreciate there's only so much Third Reich Material about, but this is just deceiving interested parties. so buyer beware.
on 2 March 2014
I have watched a lot of documentary programmes on Hitler and the Nazis. This one does not rate highly in my books. The formula of each DVD is samey and predictable and it fails to tell the story as effectively as other productions.
G.McMenemy.
on 8 July 2015
theres always someone moaning that its the same old clips shown over again maybe hitler should have had a shoot out with the russians to prolong the capture of berlin so it could be more for you to look at the first 2 discs you cant even buy in the uk it has been shown on tv This is full of historical facts and is worth buying
on 27 March 2016
The DVD's are in my opinion a superb introduction to the subject matter of the rise and fall of Herr Hitler. Not too political and not of an academic nature, but an excellent initial grounding for young people to get a basic understanding of events up to 1945. An excellent warning to read (watch) and understand history.
on 9 April 2015
Watch out for this boxset as the DVDs are different qualities. The first one has an American commentary which in my opinion is better because its more informative than the others.
on 22 May 2016
Purchased to further my knowledge of the time period and about 50% of it I had not seen any footage before. The information was clear and to the point although some clips were used several times on different dvd's
on 27 January 2015
A lot of the material I have seen before but it's good to have everything in one set and very good value.
on 12 September 2013
THIS SET OF DVDS IS GREAT, THERE ARE LOTS AND LOTS OF FILM THAT I HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE. AND IT HAS A GOOD COMMANTRY WITH IT. NO COLLECTION WOULD BE COMPLETE WITH OUT IT.
on 13 July 2015
Quite average. Expected much more from that series. It's like few documentaries put together in a on box with no order. Chronology would be nice. I've seen most of the footage before but overall worth the price. I don't think I'd pay more than I did.
on 30 January 2016
I so love these collection of DVDs