TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 August 2015
DKNY’s Red Delicious Men is one of my top fragrances – a heady, almost overpowering, mix of booze, spice and apples that’s hard to miss and even harder to ignore. It’s a wonderfully decadent fragrance that begs to be used sparingly and infrequently; to me, Red Delicious is the definitive apple scent, and one in which the apple really stands out.

Be Delicious Men is a different proposition, in both smell and strength. You can tell that it’s made with similar ingredients as Red, in particular their common use of apple, but this has been cut by a citrus note that dilutes the apple to almost an afterthought. It’s lighter and fresher than Red, but it’s also more generic, perhaps catering for those who like Red’s content but don’t like its heaviness. As the day wears on, the citrus fades and the apple comes out more, along with the spicy element, but both are fairly light and after a while all you get is a vague fruit smell that seems a bit fruity top-heavy. I don’t really get the alleged coffee notes at all, although that’s perhaps the apple and spice combination by another name.

Longevity and projection are both pretty good, and better than Red’s, which is a surprise given how much lighter this fragrance is. This isn’t a scent that will fill a room but it is one that your nearest and dearest will be able to detect on you, which is the way any good scent should be. I also like the DKNY use of funky, apple-shaped bottles, even if the nozzles tend to fire the spray at a weird upwards angle rather than straight out.

It’s easy to see that Be Delicious Men and Red Delicious Men come from the same stable, but the latter is a very unique scent – one you either love or hate – whereas this is a much more universal fragrance that would probably appeal to a broader spectrum of men. Personally, I love Red’s craziness, and by taking that away you’re left with something that doesn’t stand out as much. But I know people who don’t like Red, and for them this is a fair compromise; I just wish that the apple was a little stronger, which I think would move it out of the realms of “just another cologne”.
on 4 February 2011
Ordered it as a Christmas pressie for my partner. He likes it which is the important thing. One small criticism is the amount of packaging deemed necessary for such a small box. It seemed a bit excessive.
on 25 June 2012
I first of all smelt this on someone and instantly loved it so thought I would look on amazon to see how much I could save compared to the shops, as usual I was not disappointed it was cheaper. The smell is gorgeous and it is not overpowering and lasts all day and night. I got this as a present for someone and they absolutly loved it. I would reccommend this to anyone looking for a new aftershave I promise you will love this.
on 21 January 2010
I was impressed with the packaging, and the circular spray was different from other bottles and the fragrance is perfect for a man.Be Delicious Perfume For Men by DKNY - EDT Spray - 100ML
on 9 January 2015
Love this product, pity it can't be bought anywhere else only on amazon, but never mind I know now I can get a replacement here again. great smell
on 26 January 2014
I was Not happy with item for the following reason, The Packaging did not seem right, when i pressed the button to put some eau De Toilette on my neck, It Squirted a jet (and not a mist) which evaporated quickly and the armor faded after a while so was not happy.. what I can say is that the supplier was Fantastic in allowing me to return the goods immediately and a complete refund straight the way The customer service was A+ They did inform me that they think it was a bad batch so would use again .
on 19 June 2014
I bought this for my husband - it is our favourite! Most scents are overpowering, but out of many tried and tested, this stands out. Highly recommended .....
on 20 August 2012
Seemed very expensive for the size of the box but item was purchased as a gift and was gratefully Recieved!
on 12 December 2015
My husband likes this fragrance. It is an everyday fragrance that smells masculine and is well priced.
on 1 September 2014
Fantastic price- my brother was happy with this for his birthday- smells lovely, quick delivery too