Customer reviews

on 15 December 2013
I've only had this kettle a couple of days, but already it's my favourite kettle I've had in a long while.

It's balanced very well, pours well. The handle is very grippy, and feels incredibly secure. I had no trouble keeping steam off my hand, unlike some other reviewers did. It was not difficult to remove the lid--the knob is made of the same grippy material and does not get hot. However, it's easy enough to fill through the spout, which is the way I usually fill these kinds of kettles. The window is large and it's easy to tell how full it is.

It took exactly 3 minutes to boil the maximum (1.7L) load, starting with very cold water.

It runs as quietly as any kettle I've had. (They all make some noise.)

Best of all - this comes with a 3-year warranty. Most kettles I've owned recently come with a 1-year warranty, and usually pack in around about month 14. Of course I have no idea if this kettle will last the distance, but a 3-year warranty gives me hope that it will.

I can't fault this kettle at all--and it looks good, too. However, its form does not interfere with its function in any way. It's definitely worth the extra money. This is not a cheap kettle, but it's not crazily expensive either. Very pleased, so far.

...............
Okay, it's August 2016, and it's still working as well as ever. Thats 2.25 years of heavy use. I've just ordered another one to have on hand, while they're still available. Best small appliance I've had in ages.
44 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2014
Took a long time reading reviews for kettles of this rotund shape, stearing away from a number that apparently deteriorate quite quickly. This was more expensive than many, but well reviewed as durable, easy to pour and fill. I have also found it easy to clean and it is well made and designed so should keep its good looks. boils quietly and rapidly. Fully won over by the viewing window; I am sure this saves a considerable amount of electricity as it confounded me at first by just how little you need for a small coffe pot etc. As I have become heartsick at the low quality of electrical items, I would recommend buying this high quality kettle and developing a longterm relationship!!!
on 7 February 2015
Great looking kettle and also very good customer service which is fortunate as I am about to return my third one. The first developed a large crack in the viewing window, the second just stopped working and my third has also developed a large crack. Cuisinart pay for the returns and have provided new kettles without question but I would rather just have one that lasted.
on 5 February 2016
Stylish to look at but poor build and quality control. Wobbly when placed on power base, which was also a little awkward to re-locate after use. The bezel with the 'Cuisinart' name was fitted upside down on our model, so I was really disappointed. Customer services at Cuisinart said that they were 'sorry I felt like that', but as far as I can tell it's nothing to do with feelings it's just plain facts!
absolutely amazed that the brushed steel is brushed look and started to rub off. To their credit it has been replaced but really paint effect brushed stainless steel on a kettle, it is beyond belief.
UPDATE THIS THE WORST KETTLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. ELEMENT BLOWN AFTER 2 YEARS
on 19 June 2017
Poor design. Looks great but don't expect it to last much longer than a couple of years before the windows develop stress cracks and then leak.
on 30 June 2013
Brought to replace an 18yr old Phillips after my wife moaned and complained about it for so long. If I knew a £60 kettle was capable of making her so happy I would have stopped lavishing jewellery and chocolates on her long ago!!
on 10 February 2012
Have bought this kettle as part of the Cuisinart range as it all looks so stylish and smart. Kettle is great and boils super quick!
on 26 February 2014
Had this kettle just over a year and sorry to say we'll have to replace it - after about 8 months we noticed that one of the windows had a vertical crack though not leaking. Shortly afterwards the plastic knob on the lid disintegrated and just broke off so we fashioned a replacement. Then the other window cracked vertically and now, another month later on, both windows have developed horizontal crack down from the vertical cracks (though still not leaking). Also, as with other reviewers, steam escapes when boiled so care is needed that don't get scalded when picking it up. Real pity, like the look of it but made with substandard materials.
on 25 December 2015
Dreadful kettle and unsympathetic company. We had this kettle for a short time before the 'windows' cracked. They don't leak but look terrible. Then the handle broke and looking at the plastic it was clearly a heat issue. I complained to Cuisinart who wanted proof of purchase. Don't know about you but I don't keep receipts for months! Their attitude was poor in terms of concern regarding their product. They replaced the handle. It has lasted a matter of months. Today it crumbled in my hand. I'd like to think that I have a superhero grip; sadly I have a normal grip and the handle has crumbled again. Suffice to say that I won't be buying Cuisinart products again. Steer clear of this product.
review image