on 24 December 2014
I am completely in love with these mugs. I am really quite particular about mugs and glasses - I really prefer a large heavy vessel - I like the feeling of something solid. These are just perfect. They are very solid and heavy. The walls of the mugs are very thick. I imagine that if you have arthritis, you probably wouldn't like them. The colors are also very nice - the photo represents them quite well, although I would say that the orange and yellow, in person, are maybe a touch less bright / bold. I have only had them for about a week, so I can't speak to the durability - but they sure feel like they'll last forever. They measure 10cm tall, 9.5cm at their widest (excluding handle), and the opening is 8cm. I measured their volume - to the very brim: 17oz = 1/2L = just over 2 cups. Also, this is by far the best price I found (anywhere) for this many mugs of this size. Note that you get 8 mugs - 2 of each color (although the description says 4 pieces). I just noticed that the description says that they are NOT dishwasher / microwave safe. Hmm, I've put mine in the microwave and they seem ok.
UPDATE: I have these for almost 2 yrs now, and I still love them more than any other mugs I've ever had. I do put them in the microwave occasionally and they seem to do ok. I don't have a dishwasher, so couldn't speak to that. I have had a couple of tiny chips in the handles but otherwise have found them to be extremely robust. Very satisfied.
on 13 March 2017
These mugs are amazing for the price, large and chunky, lovely colours and hold a decent amount of liquid, I'm not a fan of tea cups, going back for more drives me mad! The thickness of the rim takes a bit of getting used to, but once you're over that, they're fine. The one star off is for the labels, not only is there a makers label on the side of each mug, there's a barcode label on the bottom of each one! I absolutely love spending time vainly trying to pick labels off crockery...NOT!! The makers labels had a death hold on six of the mugs so, after grappling with them for a while I put them in to soak...hopefully that will work. The barcode labels came off more easily, but why oh why are there labels on all eight? I can see that labels would be needed on each one if they were being sold separately, but eight in a box? Overkill methinks!! One of each on the box itself would be sufficient.
good for the price. robust, aesthetically pleasing. These mugs benefit from a low centre of gravity and a narrowed top, which STOPS SPILLAGE. other mug manufacturers could learn from this. Why do people not use physics to design mugs? If I designed mugs they'd be amazing
on 14 December 2017
Very high quality heavy stoneware mugs thick rims but comfortable to drink from
One of the mug handles was Brocken off in the box so I contacted the supplier and they sent me an email saying they would replace it straight away and I received the replacement within 5 days
on 4 December 2017
2 arrived broken, took photos, contacted seller and replacements arrived promptly. Superb service and the cups are lovely, wife now wants plates and dishes to match.
They are quite big and heavy, feel well made as well. 100% recommend.
on 3 March 2016
I had to return this as it was broken and chipped. It was a good size and would make a nice snug mug to have hot chocolate and marshmallows with your girlfriends or family or just become your all time favourite mug. They didn't have the option for replacement so I had to send it off for a refund, which is a shame. The colours were brilliant too.
on 5 May 2017
Nice colourful mugs at a fair price. Pity the packaging was so poor. Half of them were smashed. The sender did make good however.
on 6 October 2017
Very pleased with these. Look very well made and have that cosy round shape! Big too, which makes it a tight fit on the mug tree, but they do just about fit on mine.
on 9 January 2018
This product is very fragile. Due to breakages during delivery it took three attempts to get a complete set! Much patience was required. The mugs are also heavy and larger than expected. Will be used for workmen and the like.
review image
on 21 March 2017
Arrived safely, and we'll coloured although the mugs were much thicker than I expected.