Customer reviews

on 13 March 2013
Fitted this to an aging AM3 motherboard / setup that i've recycled into a media server.

Added 4 ports to the existing 5 ports to make a 9 drive server.

Installed the card, recognised in bios straight away, installed drivers in Windows 7 64 via supplied CD (can also be downloaded from Windows Update).

All works fine, speeds are excellent too.

I fitted this in a spare PCI-E x16 slot and it works absolutely fine :)

Update (20-MAR-2013): The card doesn't appear to support the full capacity of 3tb drives, even when set to GPD, Windows wouldn't reveal any more than 2tb with this card.

Plugged the drives into the motherboard and Windows now registers all 2.72tb.

I couldn't find any firmware update on the Symba website so i guess this card is good but only up to 2tb drives.
on 15 August 2012
I wanted to add some more drives but having run out of SATA ports on my motherboard, a card like this was necessary.

I followed the instructions but Windows (7 x64) didn't see the card until I disconnected the drives. It then found a driver which I replaced with the one on the CD and it sprang into life.

* The price seems a bit excessive but I couldn't find many alternatives as I needed at least 4 ports and only have room for one card. Also I wanted PCIe x4 for the extra bandwidth over x1.

* Speeds are great - I ran some tests and it works at the same speed as the on-board SATA2 ports.

* From what I've seen it isn't capable of running RAID arrays but I don't need that anyway.

* Delivery was super fast! They quoted about 5 days but it arrived the next working day.

I'm happy. :)
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse