on 24 November 2013
I have just updated my Kindle to a Fire HD and needed some anti-virus software. I usually use AVG for my PC and Smartphone but this was not available in Amazon's APP store so I decided on the McAfee as it is a name I know.
The APP is very misleading. It is only a trial version and to get the full support you need to pay either monthly or an annual subscription. When I tried to remove it from my device I found that I couldn't do this in the normal way. This is because the APP had become a device administrator (without any prompts or permission needed from me)and needed removing from a different part of the settings menu before I could uninstall it.
11 Comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2013
The app was advertised as 'Free' in the store, but after installing this I found it was a 14 day trial for a paid for service. The was nothing wrong with the app itself but as I felt mislead I uninstalled it.
on 9 July 2013
I use McAfee on my PC and was pleased to see it free in the app store. It was not clear that the package was only for a 14 day trial. Please be clear upfront.
on 24 August 2013
Downloaded this as it says it is free, however you then get a message in a couple of days saying it is a trial period for 13 days and you would have to start paying for it. Very misleading.
on 15 January 2014
I had previously purchased Mcfee live safe to help protect my computer and "all my other devices". When I tried login into my mcafee account on the app it said that it was already registered to a different email so I could only use that login. I had to take it down pc world and they told me to reset my kindle to factory settings. I lost all my photos music everything. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS APP. It really is useless.
on 20 August 2013
I downloaded this and then found I only got less than a month before they want just short of £30 for cover, it should state this clearly before download
on 7 October 2013
It's only a trial but then you have to worry if they use your Amazon account to pay for it after the two weeks is up they really should mention this upfront.
on 6 October 2013
I have been using McAfee software on my laptop and other internet access products for a couuple of years now, when I saw they had at last made the software for the kindle fire I thought, Brilliant. I Already had a McAfee subscription so thought it would be simple to add the kindle fire to my account! No such luck firstly I tried to add the software through McAfee. I was told I did not have a valid suubscription. Then I tried to use the online assistant. No one was available for 2 whole days.
I eventually telephoned and they confirmed I should be able to use my existing subscription, even they had difficulty getting it to work.

Needless to say when my subscription ends it won't be renewed!
on 14 July 2013
This app looks good although more aimed at mobile phones than the kindle fire but still of use
Although it says it's free it isn't quite free in so far as it is a 14 day trial after which you can pay for a year of protection or by a month at a time
on 3 March 2013
Anyone who has a McAfee account running their mobile security products will be able to load this onto their Kindle blindfolded. All you do is pull up McAfee's webpage on the Kindle web browser and login to your account. It does the rest automatically, which is brilliant for people like myself who need things to be idiotproof !!!!!!!!!! Just a shame I cant give it ten stars. Highly recommended and the best of the mobile security products on the market