Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 3 May 2014
Brilliant piece of writing. It's not often that a book will have me both cry and desperate to get to the end so much so that I sneak a peek at the end pages!
Heartfelt story of a boy who experiences tragedies that no child should experience.
The character is written so well that your left with an overwhelming desire to protect him and make it all better.
Fast forward to his adulthood it's heartbreaking to see him torn with a broken promise and his efforts to rectify it with great difficulty.

I found myself talking to the character at different stages of the book, encouraging him, saying i felt bad for him but also asking what in gods name are you doing! Must have sounded mad to my partner who would look at me amused.

I read this is three days (would have taken less time it it weren't for the fact that my kids required feeding etc) as I could barely put it down.

Would recommend to others! Excited to read this authors next books!
on 28 February 2012
Having heard the author's recent radio interview, I was curious to see just how good his book was. I was not disappointed! It's a rip-roaringly good read, a beautifully crafted and movingly written first novel. It emotively depicts one man's cathartic journey - a thrilling tale of romance, revenge and redemption - taking you with him every step of the way. With a spectacular denouement worthy of Hollywood, what more could you ask for? Miss this and you'll miss out!
on 9 November 2011
A friend of mine told me about this book, which i found easily. The story is well written, the attention to detail is excellent and the best type - one you can't put down. If this was his first book, I would really encourage him to write another.

I was in the army, so for me I could obviously relate to parts of the story and its characters. It would make a great television drama, spread out over a Bank Holiday weekend.

Well done Vincent; write another one!
on 17 November 2011
This is a well written, exciting book well worth the read. The author has created believable, interesting characters for this fast paced, exciting story. It offers action, adventure, romance, ie, just what's needed for a good thriller. Having read the other reviews I understand this is Mr Frost's first book. Let's hope there are more in the pipeline.
on 22 October 2011
For someone who does not normally read books I found myself completely immersed. Clearly the author is a well travelled guy with an interesting past. I found the epilogue came too soon and wanted to read more.Who knows this could well lead me to read more.
Thanks
on 6 January 2014
The only reason I bought this book was because the author works in the same place as I do. I had heard about this book from my colleagues and was curious to find out how good or bad it was.

I have to say that I was really surprised on how much I enjoyed it. It was a good page turner and if you want a book for the beach then look no further. I'm no literary expert so this review is based on whether I liked it or not and I liked it. The story line is pacey and no doubt it is based on the authors own experiences of growing up in Malta and being in the British Armed Services.

Will be reading his other books.
on 23 October 2011
This was not my usual read but was recomended by a friend and I was not dissapointed, it was thrilling enough that I did not want to put it down, the author has got it just right. A very enjoyable read.
on 25 October 2014
I got this book after reading the first chapter and seeing the reviews, but I was disappointed.
Perhaps because I read 4 or 5 books a week (hard copy and Kindle), I expect too much from
a book, as I see I am in a minority of one at the moment!

I think this book needs editing. Often, one sentence ended and the next one continues without a
space - but you then realize you have skipped from Sean in England to the drug baron on Malta, etc.
Also, the dialogue often continued on the same line, so you had to read the paragraph twice to see
who was talking.

Sean, an ex-soldier, rushes to Malta to find out who killed his half brother - a boy he hasn't bothered
to keep in touch with for 20 years. He later follows the killer to Northern Cyprus.
There were Russian, German and Maltese "baddies" involved in the drug running, but I didn't think
any of the characters, including Sean, had any depth to them. Just as you were getting to know them,
the author moved on. Sometimes the Maltese guys appeared to be like "comic cut" characters rather
than the hardened criminals they were supposed to be.

Sorry, not for me and I couldn't recommend this book. I only gave it 3 stars because it was free.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2014
I could not put this book down. Great carictors and fast moving plot. More, more please from this brilliant new writer.
on 18 October 2011
I was recommended this book by a friend as something I'd like, and to be honest it was a great read.

The author clearly knows what he's talking about, as he writes about Malta, the language and the lead characters times in the army.
It's a cracking book and not an easy one to put down.
Do yourself a favour and stop reading this, and get on with downloading the book