Customer reviews

on 4 September 2017
A total waste of money, and I now know why it was so cheap. Have attempted to download this game several times, yet each time it starts then shuts down totally without any reason while loading.
on 11 May 2017
Race game won't work disc blank
on 20 August 2017
Its not working
on 15 May 2017
very pleased with my order
on 3 June 2012
This is an updated review based on experience - using Windows 7 64 bit

I believed I was buying an installation disc with the 'Race injection' gaming software thereon.
The 'manual' accompanying the DVD indicated that it should provide options for installing either an Online or Offline version of the game. I was offered no such option, and, as I recall, at that point used the Run 'Race_Injection_Setup_EGFIS.exe' option (referred to in the 'manual'). I was linked to a company called 'Steam'. Despite misgivings and concerns about compromising the security of my machine, I went through an obligatory registration process to create an account with 'Steam'.

After logging into my new account, and providing the 'Online Activation Key' supplied, I was granted permission to download the game software. This took many hours (5 hours+ for the basic game alone, without the extension pack options). If there is an off-line installation version on the disc then it certainly did not manifest itself!

Moving on..... there is an issue likely to affect others using Windows 7 (mine is 64 bit).

After installation I encountered a problem with the complete absence of a mouse pointer to navigate through menus, rendering the game virtually unplayable. Using my new 'Steam' account I sought help via the link to the software manufacturer's uk support line, but my mail was returned as undeliverable. Next step was to try Steam's support system, which required me to open yet another seperate account. This finally took me to a list of FAQ's that included my mouse pointer problem with W7 ....... so it is a known issue.

The requirement was to turn of Windows 7 Aeropeek setting for my desktop, and turn off mouse trails in Control Panel. That did the job, and the game is now very, very enjoyable (It definitely merits 5 stars for Fun, but a lot less for installation! 'What do you expect?', I hear you say. Well, I expected software.... I could actually find on my disc....that worked without hassle).

UPDATE: my initial review was done over 2 years ago (June 2012). Based on more recent reviews, it looks like the software issues I encountered have been resolved by updates,..... and the current price for the game itself, at under a fiver, is a bargain!
77 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2012
I have race 07 and all the expansions that I bought separately.This game has EVERYTHING you could want and with the content you are talking serious hours of awesome content with good graphics --I am looking forward to having everything together with this game.A couple of the expansions cost me more than the price of this game.
This is a very good driving game and with the settings you can have sim action or just use standard game settings to have excellent racing fun.
Recommend this game --works great with keyboard--game pad or wheels --momo etc.
on 9 May 2012
An appropriate gand finale to a sequence of excellent driving/racing simulations. It has excellent graphics, good car simulation, exciting racing and lots of parameters to tweak performance and tailor control to suit your driving style. Worth buying even if you have earlier versions (as I do) just to get the Race Room 1 car, which to all intents and purposes is a Formula 1 car. The concentration needed to keep this car on the track for a few fast laps leaves you gasping and weak-kneed. One of the most detailed and satisfying driving / racing games that I have ever played.
on 10 January 2014
DVD just loads drectx software, then nothing. I had to look at an amazon review to discover that I needed to connect to STEAM. Connected, downloaded the software but could not run the game, it started but then hung. I have never had a problem with game software before so I guess it is not my computer that is iffy.
on 18 January 2013
If you love car racing, this is a must-have game/simulator. Based on rFactor, the Race07 series comes almost complete within this box. You will need the Steam online system to fully enjoy the software, but if you don't know what it is, worry not!

Considering the amount of mods and online championships that use the games built in it, it's a great purchase and will last lots of years before becoming obsolete, for technology standards. I got it with a great price from Amazon UK, definitely worth it.
on 24 September 2016
Make sure you dont make the same mistake as me and buy this thinking its a full game. Maybe I'm just a fool but this is just DLC for the game Race07. Other than that its a nice new set of cars and race types and race07 is a fun game. Its defiantly not a game for everyone as it is quite hardcore.