Customer reviews

on 26 October 2012
I recently went to see Sparks on tour, they played a sample of The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman.
Which was nothing like I've ever heard before at a concert, I normally frequent Kraftwerk - Aphex Twin genre.
It was completely new to me, I found the downloadable version on Amazon at the reasonable price of £7.49, rather than paying £30+ for the cd.
I thought i'd give it a go , I downloaded it to my mp3 player and set off to work early on a dark cold morning.
It seemed the right thing to be listening to, slightly haunting, a mixture of conversations, thoughts in Ingmar's head, a journey he embarks on along with music.
If you're looking for a cd to dance to this isn't it.
If you're looking for a thought provoking peice of art then you're in for a treat.
Would i recommend it ? Yes, open your mind and let something new , i did and i'm more than happy with my purchase
on 16 June 2015
Great album but he (Ingmar Bergman) does not speak English, hence only 3 stars. There is a proper English version on Spotify.
on 18 November 2013
This is another highly enjoyable ALBUM by Sparks for ... 99p! Not as perfect as Lil Beethoven, but nearly as wonderful as Hello Young Lovers. It's more like a soundtrack/musical than their other albums, with some dialogue and instrumental passages, but it captures a time and sound like not many artists can. If only they could write the soundtrack to Modesty Blaise as promised all those years ago...
on 14 February 2015