on 10 July 2013
I bought this detector to help find occasional missing arrows after joining a local archery club. Fortunately we do not lose too many arrows I hasten to add, but when learning the occasional misfire tends to result in a burried arrow, and the only real way of finding them is with a metal detector.
I chose the Seben because it was very reasonably priced, and I didn't want to spend a fortune because I hope not to have to use it too often, however for the price I must say the unit is extremely well made and has a level of control I would have expected only on a much more expensive detector.
The detector can detect to quite a depth, easily enough to suit my purpose, and has the added bonus of being able to discriminate between different metals - very useful when you are searching for high quality metals as it filters out all the junk and ring pulls etc so you are not constantly digging holes.
I am very pleased with my purchase - it sits in the boot of the car ready for action if required, and I must admit to having had a go at detecting just for the fun of it, all in all a very good buy.
on 15 April 2017
Product as per description. Prompt delivery. Not used it yet, it was a gift for my mother.
on 27 April 2017
Did not do what it said.
on 16 March 2014
I purchased this for My Young Cousin for Christmas 2013 and he is hard wearing on toys this is a good sturdy adults metal detector and well made, it is not heavy for him to use as he is little aged 6 years old. This is a very good price and great colour. I got this one for him as the middle piece adjusts so it would be easy for him to use and can be extended for adults to use. So far he has not found anything of value however he has only just started on his treasure hunting and he really likes the fact that it is bright green this has kept him interested and finds it easy use with adult supervision. I do recommend this product and now I may purchase one for my partner as he was very impressed with my little cousins.
on 2 September 2013
This metal detector arrived with a note enclosed. It said that if I wrote a positive review about it on Amazon I could send off for a little 'present' - I'm guessing it was a German Gingerbread. I lost faith immediately. But this metal detector was for my son's birthday. It was too late - and I've heard it's too expensive (£12) to send back. But this is the reality: there is no rhyme or reason to this metal detector's bleeping. Sometimes it suggests there is metal - and there is none; other times it says there is metal and there is. It makes the whole experience pointless unless you like spending your weekends digging up holes for nothing. Furthermore, it is irritating. While it searches, it hums at an unpleasant pitch; when it finds something it goes silent. On top of all this, you have to tune it separately for each metal type. So if you decide you are looking for brass you have to tune it to brass - and then it finds ONLY brass. A horrible, disappointing experience. More a pain then a pleasure. And don't trust any of the positive reviews. They've all given in to the bribe!
on 27 September 2012
I have recently purchased this item for a christmas present, however Christmas is still 10 weeks away so I thought I had better test it out. The battery compartment cover is extremely hard to remove, it seems you need to know where to press. I found that pressing very hard at the top of the compartment in the middle worked for me. Obviously this cover needs to be tight so that the batteries stay put when in use.

I used some coins on a table top to test it out and all seems to be working just fine. I know this is going to be a great gift for my nephew and he is going to have endless hours of fun with it.
on 15 August 2013
I got this for my 6 year old daughter, as soon as it arrived we visited a local woodland - in a few hours we found a dinky toy car, sunglasses, and some metal poles .. all treasure to her.. cant wait to go again worth the 5 stars great German build quality!!!
on 12 April 2017
The all-round metal detector from Seben is very well packaged - & also does not have too much packaging material.
I could not find any flaws or faults.
How long this device works I cannot say yet.
No batteries included - 6 pieces are needed.
The manual is in German and everything is well described.
The acoustic finding display works.
The handling of the device is easy.
The metal detector works well - surely the metal detector is suitable for all ages.
The device was very well processed - has a good quality.
Price-performance ratio is definitely appropriate.
on 12 April 2017
I ordered the metal detector to go treasure hunting with my little nephew. He had seen it before on TV and found it really cool. So, surprised him and went with him to a field for treasure hunting. Since I am no expert in the field I cannot judge whether the device is useful compared to the much more expensive devices. The processing and function is, however, flawless. The acoustic signals and the cues on the display alert you to metal. The only criticism is the many batteries the device needs.
on 16 February 2013
My grandson absolutely loved his birthday present. He told the world about it.
So I was very pleased that Grandma had chosen well.