on 3 February 2012
I've bought several collections of books particularly a year ago when I first bought my kindle but this one is by the far the most impressive I've seen and I will be buying the others. This does everything you need in terms of indexing and it's easy to navigate around and for searching. It also looks sensational including photographs and notes. Wow. This has really moved up the bar for complete works. Definitely recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 May 2012
Have to agree with the other reviewers here that this has to be amongst the best value purchase available at the moment. Taking it for read that the actual content is consistently top notch the only issue would be does the foramtting work on the kindle. Well it does. This is what makes a kindle such an essential and great value purchase as it would probably cost more than a kindle to accumulate all the stuff here. There are no issues that I can see about the layout, the chaptering or the editing - regular complaints made against the kindle - so I can see no reason whatsoever for anyone NOT to add this collection to their kindle.
on 3 January 2012
I confess that like most people I believe The Great Gatsby to be one of the finest works of 20th c. fiction written; and here was Amazon offering me the chance to buy an ebook copy of it for under two pounds plus the opportunity of reading the other works of fiction of Fitzgerald's I'd never read. I've now read them all. The print is clear, well laid out and the spelling - rare this -is almost error free. I'd have been a fool not to buy it.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 May 2012
I had a fancy for some Fitzgerald this evening, especially short stories, so went looking through what was on offer. The Pat Hobby Stories, yes indeed; one of the earlier collections, perhaps. I seriously thought of buying the complete stories in 2 volumes at £10 each.

It took quite a while to get to this, but my word was it worth it! This is the complete oeuvre, novels, stories, essays, articles, plays, screenplays, even poetry. It is fully, and I mean fully indexed and hyperlinked: the stories are listed alphabetically, by date and by collection, for instance.

At three times the price this would have been a giveaway, at six times, still extremely good value. I've seen, and bought, outstanding value in Kindle before but this has just taken my breath away.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 July 2015
Have read his four major novels, and they make interesting reading. In my humble opinion only 'Gatsby' could be defined as a classic.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 June 2012
Complete Works of F. Scott Fitzgerald UK (Illustrated)

This book is absolutely Marvellous. I remembered the Letters of Francis Scott Fitzgerald to his daughter from my teenage years, and looked up Amazon to see if they were still available. I find they are not in print and only obtainable for £25-35 rather a lot. But here I find, tucked away in Delphi Classics not only his letters to his daughter but others. I loved those letters and have fond memories of reading them in the bath, when life was all ahead of me. Now for under £2 I have all his writings. It's a long time since I read this author's novels, in fact I read them before the Permissive Society, so had nothing to compare them with, but glad to have them, illustrated.Glad to have "A crack up" which helped me though nervous difficulties in my twenties . A very good edition. I am not sure if the letters are complete but am not too worried. Thank you Delphi Classics. Many thanks.
on 17 April 2012
An illustrated copy of the complete works of F. Scott Fitzgerald, on your Kindle, without having to visit a bookshop, for just over a pound? Obviously worth buying.
on 21 April 2012
Even better using Kindle Fire with colour photos.
Easy to use with for example each novel listed and then by chapter as well. Short stories listed by collections and then also in chronologicial and alphabetical listing. Includes even essays and articles taking it with other works to make it Complete works rather than just novels and short stories. Best collection around at a great price.
on 13 November 2012
I love these books- if you aren't acquainted with them, get them now! Illustrations a bonus but not really required. Excellent. Thanks.
on 1 September 2013
The drawback with these complete works is that they are very cumbersome and I found it difficult to refer back to something if I wanted to. He is a beautiful writer and although the first 2 novels are far more wordy. The Great Gatsby is a gem. Have yet to read Tender is the Night.