on 16 August 2017
Good for beginners but there's a shed load to learn as there are so many potential aspects for ecommerce
on 10 April 2017
the book is a lil bit out dated but the basic still remain the same
on 11 April 2017
Very good book, very helpful.
on 7 January 2016
Can't understand all the five star reviews? This book hasn't helped me at all and I found it very poorly laid out.
I desperately need a good eCommerce book to take my website to the next stage. I'm getting the visitor's but not the sales. This book didn't give any advice to help improve this situation.
on 16 July 2012
I read this book to quickly give me some good background knowledge for a retail site I am putting up. It covered all the important areas to consider when creating a website for e-commerce. Most of the ideas are immediately actionable, and I applied them as I went along. Not having a background in programming/web design I was unsure if I could put together a complete & functioning website, and cover the marketing aspects as well. I feel confident that I am going in the right direction now, and know what I should be trying to learn from this point on. Thanks for writing such a great book. If I make it big I will send you a personal thank you note!!
on 28 September 2015
Pretty good overall, if you do not know the basics and want to really understand the eComm business model this is a good read if a little outdated.
However if you are looking for a deep analysis of eCommerce you can do a lot better, this is for beginners
on 27 September 2012
This is an absolute must for anyone looking to go into e-commerce or really anyone looking to start their own business. This is clearly written from experience and could prevent you from making common but costly mistakes.

It's set out in a nice, step by step format, meaning it's easy to take in what is essentially a huge amount of information. Ian first covers the major mistakes people make before breaking down the basic principles to success. He covers everything from building your website to what to look out for when hiring a web designer to marketing, and he even breaks those tips down so even the most inexperienced can learn quickly and easily.

Also included is some great, helpful links and a further reading list which I shall be sure to follow up on. Definitely recommended!
on 25 September 2012
I was looking for a book that covered everything for setting up an online shop. From the beginning stages, to the development, payment, all the way through to the marketing of the site. This book covers it all. As well as going through the process step-by-step, the book also offers handy tips, 'dos and donts', additional information and advice. The content is easily structured in defining chapters which also makes it a great book for reference in the future. Well worth the price!
on 23 May 2012
I purchased this book as I was looking for good ways to help my customers improve there commerce sites beyond the technical marketing SEO techniques and offer sound business advice. I now recommend Ian Daniels E-Commerce - Get it Right to all relevant customers and they all thank me for it.
on 26 May 2012
I am in the process of setting up my first online store, (a totally new platform for me), and you know how it is, all of a sudden everyone is an expert!! The conflicting information I was receiving on things as simple as what E-Commerce software to use was driving me to distraction. I just wanted straight answers to simple questions, and after signing up for a report from Ian and liking what I read, I decided to invest in his book. The book is written in plain English, you do not need a PhD to understand or navigate your way through it and I really wish I could list here, everything I have learned in this fantastic reference guide, because in essence, thats what it is.

It starts with basics, like how to view an E-Commerce store and 13 common E-Commerce mistakes, then goes on to cover topics like domain names, strategy, legal considerations, layout and colour choices, sales funnels, SEO, advice on copy, analytics, reports and measuring, pre-launch testing requisites, returns, and security and trust to name a few, the list is endless!! There are hot tips throughout and examples of websites that are doing things really well and are worth looking at. You're provided with the website links to everything he discusses where relevant, from monitoring competitor activity and product research to the more popular shopping directories and merchant account providers.

This book covers EVERYTHING, right down to the mistakes he has made so that you can avoid them AND (get this) Ian even goes as far as giving you the option to contact him directly with any E-Commerce questions as his guarantee to you!!!

If, like me, you are new to E-Commerce or are struggling to make your online business a success, this book really is what my title says, a lantern in the darkness!!!