on 6 March 2012
This motherboard is fantastic. Had no problems with it at all. This was the first time i ever biult a computer and after looking a lots of motherboards i decided on this one and i am so glad i did.

The New bios is very easy to uses and looks really good. I would recommend this to any 1 looking for a really good motherboard at this price range.
on 16 May 2012
The one star is off because the manual is next to useless, and may as well be in Chinese.
There are lights and warnings, beeps etc - but no explanations of what means what.
I had to go onto Asus forums to find out that 1 long and 4 short beeps were memory (had to send the RAM back to Amazon and hurriedly get in totally different memory locally) It IS a great board, but no use un less a damn site easier to understand manual is produced. Also, if small writing bothers you, you're sunk. My eyeside is excellent, and I worried for someone whose sight ISN'T reading the small lettering.
on 21 September 2012
I never actually got this motherboard to boot! I have a shiny new i7 3700k ivy bridge cpu and according to the manufacturers blurb alls you need to do is update the BIOS for ivy bridge processors. If the board wont boot (even to BIOS) then how do you update the BIOS? On later boards you can update the BIOS using a data key (download the BIOS update and transfer it to the data key) whilst the boards in standby, however from what I understand with this board you you have to install a sandy bridge cpu then update the BIOS. Then install your ivy bridge etc... Sorry but I don't have a spare sandy bridge CPU lying around so had to send this P8Z68 back. If you have an ivy bridge processor then do yourself a favor and buy a Z77 chip-set motherboard!
44 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2012
This motherboard is good looking and the lucid logics thing is brilliant and when if you think you may have something wrong with your CPU or boot drive or ram or anything else it will identify the fault as I have a faulty hdd because of the poor packaging I think it's worth it. So overall it's just the same as the PRO version and supports anything you throw at it well recommend it!!
on 7 July 2012
it was for a first build really easy to install everything just i had one problem with the CPU fan slot i had sum trouble finding it.i got an error on boot saying CPU fan error i found the slot in the center at the top the slot too the right hand side says CPU under it very small other than that works well
on 10 February 2013
I got this motherboard about two weeks ago, and it has fully met my expectations.

Pros: Everything... It has some really nice OC features, I have my 2500k running at 4.5GHz with no problems at all.

Cons: Haven't found anything yet...

Would really recommend this. Before this I had a motherboard from Gigabyte in about the same price range, and this just totally annihilates it... This is so much better than the Gigabyte that didn't have as good CPU power delivery, and this just looks much better, and has a MUCH better UEFI BIOS, the one on the Gigabyte MB was very, very bad.
on 8 March 2012
my first build was with this mobo and it has been fantastic i was building a gaming pc and when it i seen it had a gpu boost i bought it has been amazing for gaming i reccomend this for any type of pc your building i run a i7 quad core on this it runs perfectly with 16gb ram and a gtx 590 it makes it the best one on the market for a cgeaper price you dont need the v-pro this has everything you need and there really is no diffrence
on 4 September 2012
Board works well now but be warned, I had to upgrade the BIOS before it would work with my new 3rd generation i7.

Be careful if you dont have an older processor lying around to do this job, otherwise you'll have to get a hold of one or take it to a compuer repair store, as i did.

Apart from that, after the BIOS upgrade board is working great. 16GB of RAM and takes to my new i7-3770K very well indeed!
on 3 January 2013
brilliant mother board you will have no problems building with this board if you are an experienced pc builder, this is actually my first asus board and wow you can just tell how better quality everything is, i think im always gonna use asus boards from now on.
on 28 May 2012
As my first build I searched quite alot for the right motherboard, because after the Power Supply, the motherboard is the next on the list in Priority..Well to cut a long story short..its compatible with all the other componets, very nice design and very hard to find one a good price. Search around because trust me you can find good deals out there but with Amazon you are dealing with WorldWide professionals. I purchased 80% of my parts through Amazon. Good One.