on 28 May 2017
I have 2 rescue dogs who have had no training and pull constantly on the lead. Within seconds of going out wearing these harnesses they stopped pulling. They are amazing. Also they are very easy to put on and take off even if the dog is excited at the prospect of going out. I wish I'd found the harness months ago.
17 people found this helpful
on 7 December 2017
Have a 3 year old Sprollie that pulls like mad. NOT now! I have tried several products including the halti harness (kind of worked but forever twisting round her body) and the halti head harness which does work but my dog hates (first catch your dog!).I was getting increasingly concerned for my safety with cold, icy weather forecast. Though reluctant to spend even more money on her, I decided our safety came first and hey it's less than a tenner it's got to be worth a try right? Bought it (didn't tell husband!) and tried it when he was out (in case it was a waste of money). IT WORKS! Came clean and showed him and let him try it.Had reservations about putting it on cos you have to put her legs through it but she obliges and it is very easy to put on. She doesn't seem to mind it at all and is now a joy to walk. (Notice husband is taking her for longer walks!). We wouldn't let her off to run in it as I would be worried about it catching in the undergrowth, but for boring street walks it's ideal! Use it with the halti lead (clip both ends) and clip onto collar as well for safety, but just loosely . Had it for a week and it has been life changing for us and the dog! Strongly recommend and worth a try if you have a puller.
10 people found this helpful
on 3 May 2017
Bought for our hyper border collie this has made such a difference to walks - no more pulling off kerbs, gasping and choking to get across roads!
We actually enjoy our walks now
15 people found this helpful
on 12 April 2017
I used to use a head-collar (halti) to stop my GSD pulling, but it drove him crazy - trying to paw it off his nose every few steps. I tried this type of harness and no-more-nose pawing.
He can still pull, but compared to how much he pulls without a harness or head-collar, this harness is worth the money!
11 people found this helpful
on 7 October 2017
Picked one of these up from a car boot to test on my Staffy. It was well worn but lasted over a year. I then bought this new one based on that. Its a great harness. Great for controlling your dog. It fits comfortably with the padded straps & mesh area underneath. Adjustable neck straps which are thick & strong. At the back of the neck is a pull cord so you can tighten & loosen it easily with a ring to attach to the lead. Its great on its own if you have to answer the door & want to hold your dog back or whatever. Its a fantastic harness for the dog & me. Highly recommended.
6 people found this helpful
on 20 January 2018
So I was asked to dog sit a very lovely 5-year-old springer spaniel and agreed. I didn't really know anything about the breed, but I can say that the dog is absolutely lovely in almost every way - a totally sweet, friendly, smart, wonderful family dog. The only problem was that she would pull very hard on her lead. I was left with a collar and a choke lead, both of which were extremely uncomfortable as she'd pull so hard that after only a few minutes, she'd be huffing and out of breath. I thought this was inhumane, so I looked around for alternatives and settled on this product, based on it's good reviews. It says on the box that it "stops pulling instantly". That's an overstatement. I would say it stops pulling by 70% instantly, which is still amazing. I can actually walk her now without fear of causing her harm or discomfort, and with every walk, she's learning to stop pulling. I absolutely recommend this product for anyone with a "pully" dog! In watching her with this harness on, it seems that her attempts to move forwards, chasing a scent, lift her powerful front legs up, and with every push from her back legs, the effect is amplified. She is lifting herself upwards, away from the scent, which lets her get back to the "real world", where she recognises me and goes back to normal. Love this product - go ahead and buy with confidence.
on 20 July 2017
I've tried many of harnesses and this is the best one for my English Springer Spaniel. Doesn't rub, doesn't leave marks and fits him very well. He does pull every now and then (probably once a month) but that's only because the sheep tease him and run in front of him. Highly recommend and such value for money.
on 27 September 2016
I initially had trouble putting the harness on my rescue dog. My dog was very anxious which made me anxious. I left it in a drawer for months as my dog would not venture outside. She was scared of everything. After 8 months she eventually let me take her out but only with another dog. This dog wore a harness so I thought I'd try again with mine. Was amazed how much better it was and now got the hang of it. So pleased I didn't throw it away. It's very soft against the fur so doesn't chafe.
on 2 December 2017
I bought this for our cocker spaniel - who pulls on the lead (yanking arms out of sockets) and is also prone to escaping her collars. This is very adjustable, and a good fit for my dog. It has not cured the pulling (she is not a well behaved dog so I think I was expecting too much) She is comfortable in the harness, she is not being choked and has not escaped since using it.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 August 2015
I was eagerly awaiting the delivery of this miracle anti-pull harness, especially because of the breed of dog advertised on the Medium product... Alas, I set my expectations too high and unfortunately this product did not come up trumps for us. We have a springer, rehomed by us at 1 year, so not trained by us from a puppy and unfortunately she is a bit eager to get places and pulls as hard as she can. In fact, she gets so excited when we get her normal harness out that trying to put this new one on, which did not have any easy clips to secure it, was a struggle in itself as we tried to put one leg there and her head through that bit! But we did get it on and it seemed to work as it should, constricting around the chest when the dog pulls, but she didn't really care and all I ended up doing was worrying it was going to hurt her as she wasn't backing down. The harness seemed to be well made though and was soft on the areas that constricted, but for us it just didn't work and so I have to mark it down. The only product that seems to minimise the pulling for us is the Halti nose thingy - she still pulls as far as it's comfortable for her to do so, but I can at least hold the lead with the tips of my fingers instead of both arms!
2 people found this helpful